New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

Can't deal at all with a face at a 45 degree angle.

http://www.jackzucker.com/images/pp11.jpg

Edited on Nov 12, 2012 at 09:57 PM · View previous versions

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:49 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

anyone know how to go back to version 10?

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:49 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

Why not skip the auto select step and manually draw the outlines?

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

JBPhotog wrote:
Why not skip the auto select step and manually draw the outlines?

Yes, that works better. Still struggles with non-standard angles of the face. I spent 15 minutes looking up in the manual how to skip the auto recognition but couldn't find it and then I realized if you hit cancel out of the initial dialog it goes into manual mode.

BTW, I haven't seen the jpg artifacts yet with the spot removal on. How about you?

I need to dig out the original image that caused the issue and see if it's fixed.

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:09 PM
JohnC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

I was reallydisappointed in this package. After I cleaned up the skin my subject looked lifeless.

Nov 13, 2012 at 07:04 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

JohnC wrote:
I was reallydisappointed in this package. After I cleaned up the skin my subject looked lifeless.

what do you mean by clean up the skin? I never use it for retouching blemishes. I do all that by hand. It does a great job evening skin tone though.

And it bumps the contrast in the iris, whitens the eyes and darkens the eyebrows, lashes and lips. All steps that are very time consuming if done by hand. I really like the software and if you're a pro, it saves you an enormous amount of time. I always put it on its own layer, disable the sculpting and lower the opacity on the PP layer.

Nov 13, 2012 at 07:08 PM
JohnC
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

I haven't used it that much and I don't do professional protraiture anymore. I just wanted it to enhance some pictures I had but was not super pleased with the result. it does do a great job of whitening the eyes and teeth tho.

Nov 13, 2012 at 07:41 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

you might give portraiture or perfect photo or florabella retouching actions a try. I use them all. They all are great at some things.

Nov 13, 2012 at 08:25 PM
Briony

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

We've recently resolved several issues in Portrait Professional version 11 in an update. To obtain this update, simply go to Help> Check for Updates and download the latest installer. Run this and it will update to the latest version and resolve those issues.

If you need to contact support, please do this by opening a support ticket at: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/support/index.php?page=login&return=ticket_main

Briony
Anthropics Employee

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:13 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

I'm very happy with the latest 11.2 upgrade. I have upgraded to 64 bit so I'm not sure if the 32 bit still has the same issue with large files but the 64 bit does not and I am happy. The functionality, speed and improvements in the UI are very significant. I don't think any retouching software is in the same league with portrait professional version 11.

I have used arcsoft, perfect portrait, portraiture and portrait professional is significantly better than those in my opinion though I do like the fact that portraiture does a good job of skin smoothing for women's legs. Not sure if portrait professional does that?

Dec 04, 2012 at 09:22 AM
Robert Snow
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

ditto on two of the three above, but I strongly prefer PP.

Folks, there is a learning curve and if you take the time, PP will do a great job.

One thing for me: I never use the first section to change the facial structure. In PS, I make a copy of the image on a new layer and run PP on it. I can then back off on the opacity to taste. This works well on some images.

bob snow

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:46 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Portrait Professional 11 very buggy

Robert Snow wrote:
ditto on two of the three above, but I strongly prefer PP.

Folks, there is a learning curve and if you take the time, PP will do a great job.

One thing for me: I never use the first section to change the facial structure. In PS, I make a copy of the image on a new layer and run PP on it. I can then back off on the opacity to taste. This works well on some images.

bob snow

I do the same thing. Make sure you have sculpting turned off or the layers feature will not work.

Dec 04, 2012 at 12:56 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.