New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

But not until I made some modifications, first thing I did was get rid of the plate, then I bought the SunSniper BB connector. But IMO this is the most comfortable shoulder strap I have used.

Me

http://www.carryspeed.com/products/cs-pro-camera-sling-system

http://www.adorama.com/CFSSSBCS.html

Nov 12, 2012 at 08:55 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I did notice the strap has jumped up in price I believe I paid $49

Nov 12, 2012 at 08:59 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

So what connector do you have from the strap to the camera/SunSniper connector?

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

andyz wrote:
So what connector do you have from the strap to the camera/SunSniper connector?

This one it's the best IMO

http://www.adorama.com/CFSSSBCS.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=pgrabl

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I will try and post pics later of my set up

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

Is the metal band on that connector wide enough for the strap? Waiting for images.

Before the CarrySpeed I used a modified Black Rapid.

Personally I like the security of the CarrySpeed plate with the ballhead. It beats the BR but I heard good things about this Sun Sniper connector. But I thought you still needed a clip between the strap and connector.

Edited on Nov 13, 2012 at 09:59 AM · View previous versions

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:23 AM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I like CarrySpeed and my current strap from them is awesome, FS-PRO with F-1 mounting plate.

However I did have their CS-1 MKII strapped and the weight of my gear just wore it down:

Also the FS-PRO semi-broke. A screw the secures the mini-ball head connector to the mounting plate and to the strap, came undone somehow and I lost it. Luckily I was sitting when it happened so when I got up, the camera just stayed put next to me and didn't drop. Fixed it up now but other than that, everything works as expected.

Nov 13, 2012 at 09:25 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

Here are two pics of the sunsniper connector the screw part screws into the lens foot of the camera body, I fed the strap through the loop on the connector. I am getting ready for wwork no time to take pics of my set up at the moment

Nov 13, 2012 at 09:52 AM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

niXer wrote:
However I did have their CS-1 MKII strapped and the weight of my gear just wore it down:

Are you saying the notch at the bottom of that "d-ring" (for lack of a better description) was wear and tear? If so, wow, that is a lot of wear.

I like the little ballhead they have now. On the Black Rapid the connector was similar to what is shown here and some users had the screw loosen so the loop was open, and some had issues with the connector that goes into teh camera coming loose. I never suffered from either, but checked them regularly. The Sun Sniper is supposed to rotate so that isn't an issue. The CarrySpeed rotates around the little ballhead on teh plate, again so it isn't an issue.

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM
niXer
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

andyz wrote:
Are you saying the notch at the bottom of that "d-ring" (for lack of a better description) was wear and tear? If so, wow, that is a lot of wear.

I like the little ballhead they have now. On the Black Rapid the connector was similar to what is shown here and some users had the screw loosen so the loop was open, and some had issues with the connector that goes into teh camera coming loose. I never suffered from either, but checked them regularly. The Sun Sniper is supposed to rotate so that isn't an issue. The CarrySpeed rotates
...Show more

Yep all that is wear. I had bought it in April and that picture is from October so...

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I thought maybe it was filed out so the loop wouldn't swing. That is unbelievable. Certainly not hard enough material.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

Nixer - that is a scary amount of wear. I don't even see any long teles in your gear list? What lens do you generally carry with that strap system??

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:12 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

Here is what I have done to make the strap I like and you can see the plate is different than niXar shows. The bottom two shots are what I took off and used the sunsniper instead

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:31 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I need to be able to carry two cameras, both with heavy lenses. Any suggestions?

B

Nov 16, 2012 at 06:08 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

Black Rapid and some others have double harnesses so you can have a camera on each shoulder. The physical size of the lens may influence whether this is comfortable for you.

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:02 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

blutch,

The best solution that I have found is a combination of a modified Black Rapid strap connected to one long lens, and the other long lens with a regular lens strap slung over the opposite shoulder. I carry a 600/4 on the BR and a 300/2.8 on the strap.

I modified the BR by adding a second fastener and connector. The first connector is screwed into a small clamp that clamps onto the lens plate, and the second connector is screwed into the bottom of the camera. By adjusting the distance between the two connectors (done by sliding the clamp along the lens plate), I can make the lens hang vertically at my side or kind of horizontally.

The second lens and camera are slung over the opposite shoulder. I'm using a CPS strap because I find it very well padded and it has a good length that allows me to bring the camera to my eye without the BR getting in the way, but it isn't so long that the camera and lens swing at my side.

Kind of hard to describe in words, but I hope you get the picture.

EDIT: Andy's point about the double BR is good, but I found that both rigs tend to swing too much. Didn't work for me, but YMMV.

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:02 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I have a friend who has the double BR and they do swing a lot... you have to keep both hands on both cameras at all times. I already have the regular BR strap and it works "ok" for a single camera. I'm trying to visualize your modification, but can't see it. Any chance you could take a pic of it? THANKS! B

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:10 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

B,

Here is a quick snapshot of the mod. All I have done is slide an additional fastener and connector onto the BR strap. As I said, this allows me some degree of control over how the lens and camera are oriented.

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:41 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

I did the same thing with my 70-200. The only issue if if you switch the lens. You have one hanging on your side and one on the camera. You can't then allow the camera to slide down and the lens on the camera will bump the lens already on the strap. This was my occasional issue when I had another camera on a monopod, and I didn't want to release the 70-200 from the strap, but I did want a shorter lens on the strapped camera for a special shot.

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:46 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Best sling strap I have ever used the Carry Speed

Thanks! I get it now. B

Nov 16, 2012 at 07:49 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.