Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

xicotencatl
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Hi friends.
I shot the Jets vs Seahawks game yesterday, and I'm about to share 8 pics with you all.

Let me know your thoughts, or comments.

First set.

Lio.

Seahawks first TD.

Lynch fumbles the ball.

Since the TD didn't count, I wasn't sure if I should post it.

I strongly believe this wasn't a TD.

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:53 AM
xicotencatl
• • •
p.1 #2 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Second set:

Thanks for looking and have a great week Guys.

Lio.

Tebow warming up.

Sánchez in action.

Lynch gets tackled.

Sánchez is forced to fumble.

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:55 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

WOW Lio these are so darn good way to go, they look just as good if not better what I normally see

Nov 13, 2012 at 02:03 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

On your second shot I am so surprised to see that Jets player with the brand on his arm I thought this was a long gone fad

Nov 13, 2012 at 02:10 AM
jamesbalboni

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Nice work!!

Nov 13, 2012 at 02:30 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #6 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Great shots! I was watching the game and saw the first TD, and was thinking how great a shot that would be for somebody!

Paul

Nov 13, 2012 at 02:48 AM
mikepmcs
• •
p.1 #7 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

FANTASTIC!!!!

Nov 13, 2012 at 02:50 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

I also saw that fumble what a great capture

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:02 AM
sandman22
• • •
p.1 #9 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Amazing colors and sharpness!

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:10 AM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #10 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Good stuff. The last one is my favorite. I'd like to see some eyes in the action shots.

Just curious, why did you put the accent mark in Sanchez's name? I can't find any other use of it in any of his profiles or official rosters.

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:19 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

xicotencatl
• • •
p.1 #11 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

clarence3 wrote:
Good stuff. The last one is my favorite. I'd like to see some eyes in the action shots.

Just curious, why did you put the accent mark in Sanchez's name? I can't find any other use of it in any of his profiles or official rosters.

Some eyes in the action shots?
I hope my answer doesn't not sound rude or sarcastic, but unfortunately I'm not shooting senior portraits where I have full control of my subject. I don't know what else to say to this my friend.

I used the "accent" because "Sánchez" should be spelled with it. Just like in "piñata", not "pinata".

Thanks for your comments.

Lio.

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:41 AM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #12 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

xicotencatl wrote

Some eyes in the action shots?
I hope my answer doesn't not sound rude or sarcastic, but unfortunately I'm not shooting senior portraits where I have full control of my subject. I don't know what else to say to this my friend.

I used the "accent" because "Sánchez" should be spelled with it. Just like in "piñata", not "pinata".

Thanks for your comments.

Lio.

Sorry, I should've admitted up front that I wasn't challenging your use of the accent mark, I was hoping to improve upon my obvious ignorance of the proper use.

And trust me, I clearly understand that you can't control whether or not you happen to capture eyes. Even though there should be a 50/50 chance of the players facing me, it seems like they only turn my way 10% of the time. But I usually try to choose from that 10% when selecting images to share.

I am sorry if my comments upset you. They weren't intended to do so.

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:53 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Why would one care? it's the Hispanic way and proper way I am more interested in the shots than how the name was presented. Lio is right plan and simple this is a non issue

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:16 AM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #14 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

Not sure if it is my monitor, but did you use a Contract Curve in Post boosting the highlights, and lowering the shadows? It seems a bit too strong.

Guy

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:23 AM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #15 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Why would one care? it's the Hispanic way and proper way I am more interested in the shots than how the name was presented. Lio is right plan and simple this is a non issue

Again, I profusely apologize for not understanding the proper way to indicate the quarterback's name. I was curious and was simply hoping to learn more. I'm grateful for the cultural lesson and humbly apologize if my ignorance was insensitive in any form or fashion. I never meant to infer that Lio wasn't right.

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:28 AM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

clarence3 wrote:
Again, I profusely apologize for not understanding the proper way to indicate the quarterback's name. I was curious and was simply hoping to learn more. I'm grateful for the cultural lesson and humbly apologize if my ignorance was insensitive in any form or fashion. I never meant to infer that Lio wasn't right.

Sorry I do get defensive for my friends and now I can understand where you were coming from

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:38 AM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #17 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

tanglefoot47 wrote:
Sorry I do get defensive for my friends and now I can understand where you were coming from

Thanks. The use of the cedilla in Pierre Garcon's name was what came to mind. I don't even know how to add the cedilla in this post. So I was interested in the typography in case I run into this in future captions.

Plus, I'd never seen Mark use or any editorial reference of his surname use the accent mark. (Again, my apologies in advance for calling it an "accent mark", I'm unaware of the proper name of the punctuation).

As a photographer in a culturally diverse area, I'm trying to be sensitive to whether I should include these subtleties in captions, or if adding them might backfire if the athletes would prefer to "Americanize" their surnames (and yes, I'm aware that Mexico is in North America, and therefore already "American").

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:54 AM
xicotencatl
• • •
p.1 #18 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

gschlact wrote:
Not sure if it is my monitor, but did you use a Contract Curve in Post boosting the highlights, and lowering the shadows? It seems a bit too strong.

Guy

#6 and #8 were a little underexposed. So yes, I did something to them in PS.
The rest I only downsized them and sharpened them. That's all.

Lio.

Nov 13, 2012 at 05:17 AM
Shappy
• •
p.1 #19 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

I believe Mr Sanchez uses the anglicized version of the surname - his name, his choice. A part of photography, particularly sports photography, is proper captioning.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Methodical
• • •
p.1 #20 · NY Jets @ Seattle Seahawks. (11-11-'12).

tanglefoot47 wrote:
On your second shot I am so surprised to see that Jets player with the brand on his arm I thought this was a long gone fad

That's an omega psi phi branding and I think it's still live and kicking.]

Lio, did you take these images from knee level? Also, what lens did you use (assume it's a 400 2.8). I'm at work and can't check the exif.

Al

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:59 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password