Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

Just wondering how it fares with the modeling light heat issue in the kacey dish? I've burned up 2 elinchrom lights using the modeling light at full power (100W) in the kacey dish and am considering getting an einstein to use with the beauty dish instead. However, I've heard about heat problems related to the einstein and I want to make sure I'm not going to have the same problem using the 150W modeling light in the Einstein and being in the kacey dish with the sock.

I'd appreciate any comments from folks using a beauty dish continuously in a 2-3 hour photo session...

Nov 12, 2012 at 03:39 PM
bobbyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

Why put sock on the BD, why not use simple softbox then. Also turn on the room lights if you need focussing aid like you mentioned in your other post. I wouldnt use AD with sock and modelling light on FULL for 2-3 hrs.

Nov 12, 2012 at 04:16 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

bobbyz wrote:
Why put sock on the BD,

Because I like the look.

why not use simple softbox then.

Because it doesn't give me the look i'm going for.

Also turn on the room lights if you need focussing aid like you mentioned in your other post. I wouldnt use AD with sock and modelling light on FULL for 2-3 hrs.

Don't want the room lights on. And even with the room lights on, I don't get enough brightness on the subject's face.

Nov 12, 2012 at 04:20 PM
bobbyz
• • •
p.1 #4 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

Good luck then.

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

haha, thanks.

Nov 14, 2012 at 09:00 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #6 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

For sure you need a 250 watt model lamp, I'd argue in all circumstances a 250 w is essential.

I would question the Einstein's ability to cool simply by looking at the cooling ducts, not many of them and they are really small. Whether this will affect the units duty cycle or longevity is open for experience, I use Speedotron Blackline packs and head and have never had a heat issue in the 25 years I have owned them. Stuck them in softboxes, beauty dishes, gridded and gelled the heads never a failure or hiccup. I have melted a few gels when I grid and gel a head but the heads keep on firing, built for heavy duty cycles.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:39 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Einstein light with Kacey Beauty dish? Heat issues?

I have heard from a few folks that the einstens will shut down the modeling light in a beauty dish and sock after about 3 hours with the 150w bulb so I don't think i'd try it at 250.

Nov 15, 2012 at 06:51 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password