Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

kpjsy

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

Anyone with experience with a Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama setup?

While I do like Really Right Stuff, I have a hard time justifying at the moment the $428.65 price tag on their Pano Elements Package which includes the dovetail adaptor for their panning clamp, CA tax, and shipping for someone who's planning to do panoramas on occasion.

Did some research and looked into Sunwayfoto. Seems like they had a good assortment of components.

Multi-Purpose Rail Nodal Slide DMP-200 - 200mm (7.87 inches) - $99 (Ebay)
http://www.sunwayfoto.com/html/products/200908/121.html

Panning Clamp DDH-03 - $122 (Ebay)
http://www.sunwayfoto.com/html/products/201209/364.html

That's $207.65 (52%) in savings.

Nov 12, 2012 at 01:21 PM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

I don't have any experience with this product, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that many people here do not hold Sunway in very high regard. It has nothing to do with the quality of their products, but it does have to do with their business practices. See this thread.

Nov 12, 2012 at 05:57 PM
greggn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

If you plan on occasional pano work then you might want to consider the King Pano at $149.00 ... I've had one for years and it has served my needs very well.

http://www.kingpano.com

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CPWarner
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

I have the smaller Sunway Photo panning clamp #DDH-02 on a Markins Q3T for use on a gitzo traveler tripod. It is very well built and easily handles my Olympus E-M5 and any lenses for it.

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:02 AM
TheWengler
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

Personally I'd rather have a leveling base and use the panning base on my ball head. This set up allows the horizon to be placed around the frame rather than in the middle every time. As you point the camera down though, the lens will move farther forward and you'll need a longer rail. As you tilt the camera up you won't need as much rail, so it's helpful to be able to move the clamp position on the rail to keep it out of the frame on WA shots. My rail is from Hejnar Photo. It was just fine and he was great to work with.

Nov 13, 2012 at 04:18 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunwayfoto Single Row Panorama

mitesh wrote:
I don't have any experience with this product, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that many people here do not hold Sunway in very high regard. It has nothing to do with the quality of their products, but it does have to do with their business practices. See this thread.

+1

Nov 13, 2012 at 06:06 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password