Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · ARGHHHH...A 2nd Elinchrom BXRI-500 bit the dust

BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · ARGHHHH...A 2nd Elinchrom BXRI-500 bit the dust

HappyCamp wrote:
...Yes and I and everyone else on here who likes Paul C Buff products is of course Paul Buff posting.

You and everyone else on here who likes Paul C Buff products don't use inflammatory remarks like "unethical" and "price gouging," nor insinuate about not honoring warrantees or having bad customer service whenever commenting about anyone else's products. Paul was known for that kind of thing, which is one reason he's not allowed here anymore.

Nov 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM
miccullen
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · ARGHHHH...A 2nd Elinchrom BXRI-500 bit the dust

BrianO wrote:
Paul, is that you?

Either that, or he's being channeled...

Nov 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · ARGHHHH...A 2nd Elinchrom BXRI-500 bit the dust

Yes, we all have our favorites (which can change as we grow & learn, etc.). We all defend our perspectives and opinions ... striving to be as objective (with bias ), but derogatory remarks aren't in keeping with the spirit of FM'ers that Fred would aspire for us.

Bring all the facts, and opinion ... but we should try to leave the libelous remarks out of the equation. Just a simple reminder.

As to Buff ... I liked the CS and can speak well of it. I like the VBM and will speak well of it. As to the design of certain aspects, I'm not overly enthused by somethings and will shoot straight with my fellow FM'ers about my experience with them ... e.g. color shift of my AB400 @ low power.

When you realize that we are here as fellow FM members ... just shoot straight as best you can ... we all realize that different members have different experiences & perspectives. That is appreciated and valued ... "slamming" remarks usually only serve to denigrate the validity and credence of the point trying to be made. Might want to hold them "in check" a bit.

Nov 26, 2012 at 01:09 AM
Gregg Heckler
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · ARGHHHH...A 2nd Elinchrom BXRI-500 bit the dust

"Yeah, screw Elinchrom. Up to a certain point higher prices mean better quality and service but once you start getting into the Elinchrom price range you have to wonder, "If they're unethical enough to price gouge this bad, can I trust them to build it right and/or stand by their warranty?"

Einsteins FTW."

You took one guy's odd issue with Elinchrom on one forum and turn it into an Elinchrom price gouging thing? And then call them unethical for making a profit and ingenious, high quality products, unbelievable. I don't remember seeing your PCB bashing posts when multiple buyers here of Einstein's had to return them for their problems. Was Buff price gouging?

Nov 27, 2012 at 05:35 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password