Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Drizzle Over Kawau and Rabbit Islands

Have fun!

Nov 11, 2012 at 06:19 PM
Camperjim
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Drizzle Over Kawau and Rabbit Islands

I would start by killing the heavy blue cast. Then I find there is an issue identifying the center of interest. I suppose that is the island with the bird as a secondary element. Drizzle or not, the sky seems washed out and needs some darkening and contrast. There aren't enough pixels in the websized image to fix these well but here is my attempt.

Nov 11, 2012 at 07:47 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Drizzle Over Kawau and Rabbit Islands

I suppose you could make this about the "blues" and keep the cast, if that is the mood you want to set.
I agree with Jim, not that much to grab onto for sustained interest. Rather it falls to the layering and graphic quality to make it work.
Scott

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:38 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Drizzle Over Kawau and Rabbit Islands

Bingo, Scott. It was all about the layering and mood. The scene had a decidedly blue look and feel in person the camera image did not really capture, perhaps because the camera sees without the emotional tinge I bring to the table. I juggled the PP to make an emotional statement about the drizzle and the associated mood. As I have probably mentioned before, I prefer to use images as a basis to try to express feelings and mood rather than to mechanically record a scene - to make it as I experienced it, or to make it as it should have been, or to say something I want to express. Of course, that is a highly personal and subjective intent. That you divined the intent means it wasn't as obscure as I had suspected. One of the limits of going for emotional content is that we experience things with the different emotional contexts. I presume the great works are those that find broad common emotional denominators.

Here's the original with a small color temp change to match the original scene and a clarity bump in ACR. Have fun.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:09 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.