Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Last D3 football of the season

Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Last D3 football of the season

It looks like I have some more HS games coming up, but yesterday was my last D3 college game of the season. ETBU lost... something like 54 to 30.

I was moving quite gingerly. I felt good enough to go out (had my gallbladder removed on Tuesday), but I still feel pretty worn out. I didn't get into the endzones as much as I had hoped to (since I was moving slow).

11.10.2012 - ETBU vs Sul Ross State Football by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

11.10.2012 - ETBU vs Sul Ross State Football by Jeff Stapleton Sports, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Nov 11, 2012 at 03:16 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Last D3 football of the season

Jeff...nice - sharp shots here. Good way to end it for this team. Nice to hear you are recovering. Don't over do it..

Nov 11, 2012 at 05:28 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Last D3 football of the season

Some really nice shots here, Jeff. I'd love to see one of your first posts with images to compare the 'then' and 'now.' My sense is that you've come looong way. Nicely done.

Sorry to hear about your surgery, and I agree with Frank--give yourself the time you need to heal properly. Buying a day or two on this end could cost you down the road. Best.

Nov 11, 2012 at 05:38 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Last D3 football of the season

Thanks Frank and Russ.

I started in 2007 with a 30D and some $80 Sigma 100-300. Absolutely TERRIBLE. After the first game, I moved up to a Tokina 300/4. It was REALLY slow, but I thought I was big stuff. I think I have grown in the last year more than the past 4 years combined. A lot of it has honestly come from a serious pursuit of good images, largely inspired/instructed here, and was greatly helped by the acquisition of the 300/2.8 and a 1 series body.

I hope I don't overdo it. I don't feel bad or sore, just a bit tired. I'm only 28, so I've still got lots of vitality in this body. I think I'm ok. The major side effect is rom the pain meds. I have a 25 page grad paper due on Thursday that I haven't started. The meds make my brain kind of cloudy

Nov 11, 2012 at 09:49 PM
Jeff_Stapleton
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Last D3 football of the season

Here were 'keepers' from the first two football game I covered. One was a JV game to prepare for the Varsity game. Notice the elegant Scriptina font watermark that most photographers have used at some point in their careers. I thought these were so awesome

Nov 11, 2012 at 09:53 PM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Last D3 football of the season

Jeff_Stapleton wrote:
Thanks Frank and Russ.

I started in 2007 with a 30D and some $80 Sigma 100-300. Absolutely TERRIBLE. After the first game, I moved up to a Tokina 300/4. It was REALLY slow, but I thought I was big stuff. I think I have grown in the last year more than the past 4 years combined. A lot of it has honestly come from a serious pursuit of good images, largely inspired/instructed here, and was greatly helped by the acquisition of the 300/2.8 and a 1 series body.

Nice set here Jeff. I see really big improvements over the last year. I too like you Use to, shoot the 7D. Out of 100%, How much of the technical improvement in the image quality would you say is coming from the great 300 f2.8 I, vs the 1Diii?

I hope I don't overdo it. I don't feel bad or sore, just a bit tired. I'm only 28, so I've still got lots of vitality in this body. I think I'm ok. The major side effect is rom the pain meds. I have a 25 page grad paper due on Thursday that I haven't started. The meds make my brain kind of cloudy
. If it is anything like what Vicatin (sp) did to me, I would watch TV looking at it but having no idea what I was watching.. Get Well.

Guy

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Last D3 football of the season

Nice set. The season sure seems to go fast doesn't it?

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM
thetaobear
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Last D3 football of the season

3 7 8 are very nice! football catching photos are awesome and 8 is just fierce

Nov 12, 2012 at 01:19 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Last D3 football of the season

Jeff,

I want to complement you on your quest for great images. All you have to do is look at photo number one to see how far you have come. Look at the color. Look at the exposure. Look at the eyes. Look at the expression on his face. Look how different it is comparted to the JV football keepers you posted.

1, 2, 3 & 8 are very very well done. #4 could be very nice, but it looks like the white balance is a little off (too blue.) Give yourself a pat on the back -- just don't hurt yourself.

Nov 12, 2012 at 07:46 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Last D3 football of the season

Jeff, very nice improvement over the year. These are solid. Faves are 7 and 8

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:01 AM
svanstone9

[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Last D3 football of the season

looking good.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:11 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.