Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Snow

Carl Auer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Snow

So, I was scheduled to shoot the 3A, 4A, and 5A state championship games for soccer yesterday at Dick's Sporting Goods Park where the Colorado Rapids play. First game was 11, second scheduled for 1:30, and the final game scheduled for 4.

I got to the park, and it was trying to rain, but was not doing much. About midway through the 1st half it started to hail. That let up and it then started to sleet. That was not fun. Around the end of the first game it started snowing.... 2nd game was delayed 30 minutes for weather reasons (grounds crew had to go out and shovel the lines). It got real bad during the 4A game, but that was just the beginning. The 4A game went into double overtime, then a shootout....this had already delayed the start of the 5A game by about 45 minutes. At the end of the 4A game we had an issue getting the winning team off of the field. And when they finally did leave, we had white out conditions. After an hour delay, they rescheduled the game for Monday evening.

Great! Will miss the 5A game because it is my moms 88th birthday and we are going to dinner.

Here is a shot taken with my iPhone 4s from the press box at Dick's Sporting Goods Park between the first and second game....

https://www.fredmiranda.com/hosting-data//5262/28569302812_4134483235307_2105348181_n.jpg

more will come later after I rest a bit...long day yesterday!

Nov 11, 2012 at 01:53 PM
ian408
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Snow

Happy 88th Birthday to your mom!

Nov 11, 2012 at 02:26 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Snow

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM
svanstone9

[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Snow

This is gorgeous. Happy birthday to your Mom.

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:31 AM
cogard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Snow

Gotta love Colorado...the prior weekend was in the hi 70's if I remember

Nov 12, 2012 at 09:54 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.