Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Alternative battery charger 1Dx

Helge

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Alternative battery charger 1Dx

Would love to find a smaller charger for my 1Dx to use when I travel.

Did a google search and found this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LP-E4-Battery-Charger-For-Canon-EOS-1Dx-1Ds-Mark-III-EOS-1D-Mark-IV-LC-E4-LPE4-/120840044336

Looks cheep any suggestions?

Thanks

Helge P.

Nov 11, 2012 at 09:13 AM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Alternative battery charger 1Dx

Li-on batteries are expensive. Battery chargers are a critical part of the chaerging process, and if the overcharge, your battery will be ruined in short order, or even melt down.

There is no way I'd subject my expensive batteries to a rip-off battery charger that may have cut corners in design and manufacturing.

Nov 14, 2012 at 02:58 AM
cengell
• •
p.1 #3 · Alternative battery charger 1Dx

Hello I have been doing research on these made in China battery's and chargers and when the lc-e4 battery came out the Chinese could not charge there battery's with the Canon charger they had to offer. A charger as they could not decode the Canon chip, well they have now but most of these battery's can use Canon chargers but there still these chargers but not sure if they can charge the Canon battery's.

Contact the seller and ask if it will charge your battery..

I and looking for made in China battery for the 1dx. Most of the sellers list the 1dx but after contacting the factory won't work because on a newer chip in the Canon battery.

Christopher

Nov 14, 2012 at 03:33 AM
Helge

p.1 #4 · Alternative battery charger 1Dx

I am sorry that there are no reliable smaller charger alternative to the big brick charger from Canon. This has been asked for since the early days of the Eos 1 series cameras with lc-e4 batteries. The charger for the 5D series cameras are ideal in size, why can't Canon make a smaller single battery charger for the 1Dx camera?
I very much agree with you scalesusa in your statements, I will not expose my original batteries for any cheep want to be charger either.
Christopher, the eBay link in my original post claims that the 1Dx battery works with their charger, I do not trust this so I posted this. I will also not use aftermarket batteries for my 1Dx that I already have invested a lot of money in, why take the chance on saving a little for the risk of damaging the camera, not worth it to me.

Finally I am surprised that there are not more people asking for Canon to make a alternative travel charger, smaller for one single battery with 110-220v compatibility and 12v ability as well. Please Canon, just do it!

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:19 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password