Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · The eagle never showed up!

Loren E
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · The eagle never showed up!

Went down to the Duwamish River in Seattle to take some water samples a couple weeks ago and spotted an eagle nest with a baldie sitting on it. I thought it would make for an awesome shot with enough tele power because the nest was on top of a light pole with the downtown sky scrapers in the background...very cool juxtaposition of nature and city. I finally got a clear day today so went down to play with my new tele setup and waited quite a while but the eagle never showed up...oh well so it goes. Time to learn about the eagles and their patterns around here. I think this shot would be pretty epic if there were a big bald eagle swooping down onto the nest! Anyone know about the patterns of bald eagles in the Pacific Northwest?

Taken with: Nikon V1 + FT-1 adapter + 2xTCIII + 70-200 VRII

Nov 10, 2012 at 02:20 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · The eagle never showed up!

You are probably better off with a 70-300 VR on that V1. It's a shame the bird did not show.

Morris

Nov 10, 2012 at 02:25 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · The eagle never showed up!

Hope you get the shot as it would be neat !

Birdie

Nov 10, 2012 at 02:28 AM
Loren E
• •
p.1 #4 · The eagle never showed up!

I did some research and apparently the spring is the time for nesting...so might be a long wait for me!

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password