Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.

Inga wrote:
+1

Hey, Inga, I thought I was alone here! You don't use Facebook at all for your business?

Nov 08, 2012 at 11:19 PM
monoatomic72
• •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.

I'm not going to win any points with people here, but FB has every right to try and get money from you for promoting your business.
You are using their platform for completely free marketing to a direct segment of the population. Name one other business that allows that?

I understand they started the pages as a free thing to promote yourself and now they are trying to turn a profit, but you really can't complain too too much over the fact that most of you who have used FB for the past 3 or so years have gotten completely free targeted marketing.

Just an aside as well, you do know on your personal pages you can select who sees what posts? You can make it so your entire page is sectioned off where all of your "business friends" only receive posts about business and all of your "normal friends" only see posts about your personal life. It's really simple to do.

Nov 09, 2012 at 08:16 AM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.

monoatomic72 wrote:
I'm not going to win any points with people here, but FB has every right to try and get money from you for promoting your business.
You are using their platform for completely free marketing to a direct segment of the population. Name one other business that allows that?

I understand they started the pages as a free thing to promote yourself and now they are trying to turn a profit, but you really can't complain too too much over the fact that most of you who have used FB for the past 3 or so years have gotten completely free targeted
...Show more

I appreciate your right to an opinion, but you're completely wrong. Facebook isn't free, hasn't been for years. Every second I spend on their site, every click, I make them money. Unlike other legitimate companies that have a real product, we are the product. Our data is their product.

With each change to their policies, they become less and less useful. I couldn't care less about their bottom line, or how poorly managed they've been since their IPO. This move to squeeze every dollar from their commercial users will be a major factor in their demise. It can't come fast enough either.

I effing hate Facebook.

Nov 09, 2012 at 09:07 AM
monoatomic72
• •
[X]
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.

I'm kind of curious.
If you are unhappy with the product that FB offers for businesses to promote themselves, why do you still use their product?

It's an honest question.

Nov 09, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · OT: New facebook change. Could be trouble.

CRFTony wrote:
Be careful with using your personal page to promote your business too much. Right now, FB is pretty lenient but now that they're trying to generate as much profit as possible, they could easily start deleting personal pages that violate the rule for promotion.

I friend of mine had his account deleted without notice a while back for using his personal page for business.

Nov 10, 2012 at 03:46 AM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.