Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

lilyphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

Just curious as to if you hear from all of your clients how they feel about the end result of hiring you to photograph their wedding. I'd say that 98% of my couples send me a nice email, however every now and then I'll have someone who just doesn't say anything. Of course this always makes me worried!

What are your clients like? If you happen to not hear anything do you ask them if everything is okay?

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:19 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

i used to worry, but i think the general consensus is "no news, is good news....." Of course, it's always a good little ego boost to get a nice email, or FB post about how WONDERFUL the photos are, blah, blah, blah....but it doesn't always happen...generally when i see photos posted on FB, and see people saying nice things, i'm generally content....

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:31 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

I'm not sure what to think. Personally I worry whenever sending out images as to whether they'll like them or not, even when I know I've got great images & exactly what they were after. But that says more about me than feedback as such. Most of the time I get a nice email / or similar within a week or so. I had one in July that didn't contact me at ALL after delivering the photos... but I had a couple of print orders, and facebook likes of relatives, so I assumed all was well but it was still in the back of my mind. Then on the 30th of September I had a really complimentary email about the images, services, and asking about albums. I guess some people won't contact until they want something... and some people just get busy... and some people ultimately just aren't as interested in the photos I GUESS... so in summary, yes I do worry despite telling myself I should never at all. But I did have a rather scarring experience once which is probably related.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:59 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

Not all of them do. I never worry about it.

Do you tell everyone you deal with how great things turned out? Lots of businesses would like feedback; good or bad. You ever see flyers or a phone number to 'tell us how we're doing'? Do you contact them? Many people only complain and not compliment.

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:44 PM
jneilosu
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

The fact that I was so busy after my wedding that I didn't really give feedback to my own photographer is the reason I no longer stress about this stuff. In the end, if the photos are what they expected, then you may well not hear anything.

No news is definitely not bad news.

Nov 07, 2012 at 06:31 PM
Ghost
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

I used to get worried. But not anymore because I recognize some of my clients just aren't into the "Ohmigosh!! I <3 this so much!" type.

Complete receipt of payment = from them and I.

Nov 07, 2012 at 07:30 PM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

NathanHamler wrote:
"no news, is good news"

+1

Nov 07, 2012 at 08:37 PM
D. Diggler
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

lilyphoto wrote:
Just curious as to if you hear from all of your clients how they feel about the end result of hiring you to photograph their wedding. I'd say that 98% of my couples send me a nice email

I don't know exactly off hand. I suppose in the area of 50% I hear from.

Nov 07, 2012 at 08:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Juliewhitlock

p.1 #9 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

I don't ask but if I didn't hear from a client afterwards I would be disappointed. I do get to know my clients rather well and keep in touch with them so if there was silence all of a sudden I'd wonder. I think it's normal. If you really pour yourself in to your job of course you want to know you made your client happy! It just means you care!

Nov 08, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Micky Bill
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

It's good to see that wedding photographers are as insecure as me and my commercial and advertising photog friends

Nov 08, 2012 at 04:04 AM
spink
• • •
p.1 #11 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

We usually get feedback at the reveal. However, we also send a follow up survey a couple months later.

Nov 08, 2012 at 05:05 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

Juliewhitlock wrote:
I don't ask but if I didn't hear from a client afterwards I would be disappointed. I do get to know my clients rather well and keep in touch with them so if there was silence all of a sudden I'd wonder. I think it's normal. If you really pour yourself in to your job of course you want to know you made your client happy! It just means you care!

+1

That better sums up my thoughts.

Nov 08, 2012 at 11:35 AM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #13 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

Glad to see lots of you have the same feelings as me!

Nov 08, 2012 at 02:49 PM
DavidWEGS
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

While I don't go "looking" for pats on the back, I do like to know how my clients feel about what they received.

It is appropriate timing for me to read this as I just got this back from a wedding couple whose wedding was ages ago….

Thanks.

Nov 08, 2012 at 03:58 PM
mccallmedia
• •
p.1 #15 · Do all of your clients give feedback?

I'd say I get an email/phone call/thank-you card about half the time with positive feedback. The other times I hear back is from someone like the MOB with annoying requests, like "can I get all the RAWs?" I assume no news is good news in the other cases.

Nov 08, 2012 at 07:12 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password