Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My Life through the Fuji x100

misternikko
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Hello Everyone!

I know posting links to external sites is usually frowned upon, Ive been sharing here long enough to know that.

I have also been sharing here long enough to consider you guys my "closest friends" here on FM and as a result would like to share this with you anyway.

I recently purchased a Fuji x100 to use as my daily kit. It has been a lot of fun, really refreshing! I Started a blog last week to document my daily adventures/outings with the new camera. Its been a lot of fun! A lot less formal than my family gigs and also allows me to caption the photos into a story which is something I also really enjoy doing (I talk a lot in person).

Here is the link if anyone is interested. It does feature people in most of the posts, mostly the GF that you all know by now, and also a few others. I will be updating this often so please feel free to follow if you'd like

It is currently only 4 posts and it starts at the bottom.

http://nikkoazan.wordpress.com/

Thanks for looking in advance

Nov 07, 2012 at 03:44 PM
qwyjibo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Nice Nikko. All are good, but really like the colors in the first (oldest blog post). The b/w second post wasn't as strong for me, but some of that is personal preference on conversions and some is that handheld nighttime work is gonna test any camera.
Enjoyed your writing as well. Keep it up.
Best,
Dave

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:45 PM
campyone
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Really enjoyed the first story. I'm old enough to remember when South Beach was basically a slum. A lot has happened since then.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:55 PM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to look, I genuinely appreciate that! Seems we agree on everything, the first post was is my favorite and the second post is my least favorite lol.

The first time out I just felt like I could walk around for hours out there and photograph stuff. The light was beautiful.

The second post I was just really trying to keep the blog going. There was not much feeling behind it. I also wanted to see what the camera was capable of hand held at night.

I imagine over time, if I keep doing this, which I plan to, I will get better at the art of story telling and also be more comfortable with my new camera. It's all really kind of exciting.

The writing is my GF's favorite part too. I've always enjoyed writing, I'm glad you appreciated that

Thanks again for reading it means a lot to me.

Nikko~

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:57 PM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Seems the South Beach story is the popular vote lol.

Thank you for taking the time to check it out, Campy. I appreciate it!

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:01 PM
billzhibiaolai

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Nikko, really like your photo style. please keep up the good work

Nov 10, 2012 at 02:43 AM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Hey Nikko, good stuff my friend. I'm glad you shared your blog!

--David

Nov 10, 2012 at 03:02 AM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Thanks guys! I appreciate your time and glad you like it Stay tuned for more!

Nov 10, 2012 at 06:16 PM

srxiaoj

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Man, you did a really nice job using this camera, the color of your shots looks very appearing and comfortable. Can you tell me what post process you did, I appreciate it.

Jan 13, 2013 at 04:27 PM
T-bone1
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My Life through the Fuji x100

I appreciate this for more than a couple of reasons.
I like your storytelling and writing style.
I, too, own the X100, and find this inspiring for my own work.
I like your shooting and photo style.
I live in the Pacific NW, and enjoy seeing your sunny climate while I sit in the cold and snow.
I am a male, and as every guy here has noticed, your lady is off the hook easy on the eyes! Second only to my bride!

Keep the blog going!
-Tim

Jan 13, 2013 at 05:51 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My Life through the Fuji x100

I really like all the pictures that you have taken.

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:37 PM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My Life through the Fuji x100

T-bone1 wrote:
I appreciate this for more than a couple of reasons.
I like your storytelling and writing style.
I, too, own the X100, and find this inspiring for my own work.
I like your shooting and photo style.
I live in the Pacific NW, and enjoy seeing your sunny climate while I sit in the cold and snow.
I am a male, and as every guy here has noticed, your lady is off the hook easy on the eyes! Second only to my bride!

Keep the blog going!
-Tim

This made me laugh really hard Tim...thanks for that! My lady blushed like a tomato lol.

And thanks to all for checking out my blog, I really appreciate it and am glad to hear to is actually enjoyable to read!

Cheers guys!

Jan 14, 2013 at 07:24 PM
ccalle
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Hi Nikko,

I lurk a bunch but seldom post to fm forums, I just wanted to say that those are some of the best x100 pictures I have seen yet for my taste at least. I have read a bunch how people love the cam but have seldom seen good film-like pics from it (my preference) with some nice depth to them. I really like your narration, the scenery, composition and most of all post-processing.

I am sure there are other people in my camp using VSCO Film in Lightroom and the limited Raw support of the new x100s still has me on the fence. Maybe a 50 1.8 or a 35mm 1.4 equiv. (something with shallower DoF would put me over, but I am glad it worked for you and you have definitely made me look harder at that camera. I hope to see new posts from you in your blog in the future.

Does you current workflow use raw or is it jpeg based?

regards,

Carlos

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:14 PM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My Life through the Fuji x100

ccalle wrote:
Hi Nikko,

I lurk a bunch but seldom post to fm forums, I just wanted to say that those are some of the best x100 pictures I have seen yet for my taste at least. I have read a bunch how people love the cam but have seldom seen good film-like pics from it (my preference) with some nice depth to them. I really like your narration, the scenery, composition and most of all post-processing.

I am sure there are other people in my camp using VSCO Film in Lightroom and the limited Raw support of the new x100s still has
...Show more

Thanks for the kind words! I am glad you enjoy the blog. This camera really is awesome and makes the whole procedure a lot easier. I find there really isn't a lot of "fixing" due to the excellent metering and dynamic range this camera offers. It makes me want to shoot it more knowing I wont be spending a lot of time in front of the computer.

Believe it or not I have never shot this camera RAW. All the reviews I read prior to purchasing it said the JPGS SOOC were outstanding and after my first South Beach blog post I was a believer. I don't find I need the latitude from RAW files with this camera because of how great the DR is. The rest is just edit to taste

Really glad you like my blog and hope you follow for future posts!

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
benee
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Just perused your blog again! I really dig the Florida keys post! Can I ask what are you using for the picture groups on your blog - Blogstomp or just manually doing things in PS?

I'm thinking about getting a blog started up as a new way to organize and present my stuff online.... It's funny about the X100 - I haven't touched my 5D in over 2 months and am happy as a clam.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:40 AM
misternikko
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · My Life through the Fuji x100

Hey Benee! Im actually doing it manually in PS with a 4mm white bar that I drag around and rotate etc...etc....total pain in the ASS!! What is blogstomp?? I would loveeee to speed that whole process up as its currently the thing I dislike most about keeping this blog

The x100 is awesome! So awesome I had to start a blog lol. Now fuji is tempting me big with the x100s...UGH!! Im still paying for the original lol.

And yes...my 5d has been on vacay for sometime!

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:20 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password