Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

wordski
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

Here's a small take from the game yesterday. It was pretty cool to see rookie Doug Martin's breakout game. He had 251yds on 25 carries with 4 touchdowns. Unreal.
Anywho, would love to hear your thoughts, especially if you have improvement suggestions.

Nov 06, 2012 at 12:21 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

HA! Love the last picture Ed. Not an inviting stadium at all for the opposition! My wife is from that area and had my first experience as a baseball fan (Yankees) against Oakland. wow crazy.

really dig 1, 3, 4, and 7 of course

Martin looks like a beast! Great shot of him. I am fighting with crops as you can tell from my last post and just wanted to know how you approach crops like #5. With a part of the lineman on one side and only including the face of #66. Just curious as I am trying to wrap my head around "standard" and then what a photographer feels is the shot they want to convey.

Thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it.

Nov 06, 2012 at 12:57 PM
MRM4
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

As a Buccaneers fan, love the pics.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:15 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

Great images. I love 3 and 6.

Nov 06, 2012 at 03:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wordski
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

Mako, Oakland is a completely different experience from most stadiums. And I have been to quite a few as a fan as well as on the field. I once was going to an Oakland game with a Jets fan and while we were getting ready to leave he went to put his Jets jersey on and I told him he was crazy. I had to thoroughly explain to him that wearing a Jets jersey in Oakland is quite possibly hazardous to his health.
He went wearing a Raiders jersey. lol

As for the crop of #5, I was really trying to show Palmer during the action of the game. I included parts of the other players so that the viewer of the image knows that it was during the actual game. There are definitely shots that I am trying to isolate the QB with no one else in the shot like this:

...But in #5 it was more about action during the game than a profile/iso shot.

Hope that helps.

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:09 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

Thanks Ed! Sure does

Nov 06, 2012 at 05:39 PM
Fish On
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Oakland Raiders v Tampa Bay Bucs

Ed,

Enjoyed the pics even though I'm a Raiders fan. Very nice set of pics. I don't have much to say in trying to improve these pics. Great capture of the faces and nice exposure.

Love #2 as it says it all in how he gained 251 yards. You did the picture justice by going wide with that one. You can see the large gaps where he went thru, defenders grasping at air, the missed tackles, a defender on the ground.

The last pic shows everything about the fans in Oakland especially in the end zone. The funny thing though is that I don't think that that isn't even the "Black Hole". Fans in other stadiums try their hardest to imitate the fans in Oakland but they don't even come close.

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:08 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password