Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Maine Coon Portrait

lycale
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Maine Coon Portrait

I hope all of you had a good summer and have come out of Hurricane Sandy without serious damage. I have not posted in a long time, and I would very much appreciate your comments and suggestions on this Maine Coon portrait. Thanks so much in advance.

Lynn

Nov 05, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Genes Home
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Maine Coon Portrait

1. Like the pose, but not the crop. I would recommend taking a chunk off the bottom to bring the point of attention back to the face.

2. Focus is sharp, with both eyes and nose looking good. To me this is a major point that often gets missed, as the eyes MUST be in focus and the nose REALLY NEEDS to be in focus. You did well on this.

3. I realize this is a "high key" shot, but for some reason I am not in love with the overall color/tone effect. Hopefully it is just the setting on my monitor but it seems to have a magenta or reddish cast.

4. The area between the ears is a bit too blown out for me to like it, seems to detract from the overall composition. Perhaps a minor adjustment to the white balance is due.

5. Background does nicely complement the image and composition.

6. Perhaps a touch more overall contrast or a bit more curves/levels adjustment.

Hope these are all positive for you.

Gene

Nov 07, 2012 at 03:02 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Maine Coon Portrait

This is sweet Lynn

Nov 07, 2012 at 03:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Maine Coon Portrait

Lovely shot Lynn or a beautiful cat

Birdie

Nov 07, 2012 at 03:16 AM
lycale
• •
p.1 #5 · Maine Coon Portrait

I thank you all very much for your kindness and for taking the time to comment. Your remarks are very helpful, and I always take them seriously. I have updated the photo to take into account some of the suggestions. Thanks.

Lynn

Nov 07, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Conrad Tan
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Maine Coon Portrait

Haha! Cute!

Nov 08, 2012 at 01:03 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password