FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Dutch Autumn 2

mercapto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dutch Autumn 2

It was raining around noon but at 2ish it started to clear so I went for a bike ride and brought my gear along.
Pretty soon the sun disappeared again but it didn't rain, it was just overcast.
I went to a place I had never been and was planning on making some snapshots for a day with better conditions.
But as per usual, snapshots turned into some extra effort, a few handheld pano shots.
I made it home just before dark and I had just turned the kettle on with my backpack still on my back when the rain started again.
The result looks a bit off colorwise, but it's actually not far from what I saw, pale yellows, a blue tint.

An 8 shot pano :

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/610/annashoevebrugweb.jpg

C&C welcome

Nov 05, 2012 at 03:42 PM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dutch Autumn 2

I like it - it's a very serene spot, well captured.

Phil

Nov 05, 2012 at 06:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dutch Autumn 2

Okay... so what kettle did you turn with your backpack? That isn't making sense to me... you carried a kettle? You were backpacking?

Okay... to your shot. I like the essence of what you got here. What hurts the shot is the sky. The sky isn't blown out, but the gray sky still hurts the shot. So what I would suggest is a bit of a crop. I would crop down from the top to lose the sky on the right side of the shot. And then I would crop in from the left to lose the remainder of the sky on the left side. I think the shot's appeal increases dramatically with that cropping.

Jim

Nov 06, 2012 at 01:37 AM
mercapto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dutch Autumn 2

Thanks Phil

Jim, you missed the bit where I say I got home
I put my bike in the shed, unlocked the door to my house, grabbed the kettle, filled it with water, put it on the stove, looked outside : Rain.
No backpacking for me, did that a full year last year, I'm done
I did some cropping, took a bit off the top too. Thanks for the suggestions
New version :

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2628/annashoevebrugcropweb.jpg

Nov 06, 2012 at 07:13 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.