Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2012 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

Aremac 01 wrote:
haven't seen this many sour grapes since J Star's CreativeLive workshop

Well when you have a hot wife like that it's going to bring out feelings of envy.

Nov 13, 2012 at 01:43 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

D. Diggler wrote:
Well when you have a hot wife like that it's going to bring out feelings of envy.

I wish I had watch it just to see his hot wife that so many are speaking of

Nov 13, 2012 at 03:38 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

cordellwillis wrote:
I wish I had watch it just to see his hot wife that so many are speaking of

SCORCHING

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Yaryman
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

Aremac 01 wrote:
Haha... haven't seen this many sour grapes since J Star's CreativeLive workshop. So entertaining.

Good news.

She will be back on Creative Live this January.

http://www.jasminestarblog.com/index.cfm?postID=1509&restart-a-photography-business-makeover

The money is not in wedding photography, it's selling stuff to wedding photographers.

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM
derbarrett
• •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

One thing I did like was the 8x20 leather wedding album he sales. Any ideas on where he gets it from? I was thinking H&H Color lab but I can't find an all leather 8x20 album. I did find on from Fiano but I not sure if that is who he uses.

Nov 14, 2012 at 06:16 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

I'm sure it's from his own company.

Nov 14, 2012 at 06:30 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

derbarrett wrote:
One thing I did like was the 8x20 leather wedding album he sales. Any ideas on where he gets it from? I was thinking H&H Color lab but I can't find an all leather 8x20 album. I did find on from Fiano but I not sure if that is who he uses.

He has his own album company. You can get books in that shape from Epoca, Pictobooks, Vision Art (I think)

Nov 14, 2012 at 07:18 PM
LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

derbarrett wrote:

Forbeyon has one as well.

Nov 14, 2012 at 07:39 PM
derbarrett
• •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

Thanks guys!! Ill check them out!

Nov 14, 2012 at 08:19 PM
jjaylad

p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

I purchased the course because I'm fledgling and there is so much to learn from it. The price was less than attending most 2 hour seminars I've been to and there is a wealth of information to draw on, and re-run as needed.
I don't like the dishonesty relating to the pricing either, and if he was operating in my market and I knew a bride was choosing between him or me ...I'd caution her to watch for ploys like that ...without naming names
On the photo skills and post processing the big thing to me is that if that's what they want ...deliver it. Like someone says most of the brides who choose them have their reasons and a compelling reason has to be deliverables when pricing obviously isn't on the top of their list.
The partnership he and his wife have is wonderful. She comes across as honest, loveable and there for the brides.
That he is with her probably builds a lot of confidence in him ...in their eyes.Super ingredient to their success!

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:12 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

I actually almost purchased it purely for her sections of the workshop. Her last presentation part was great. I just didn't know if she did anything on the first day or not. I have no interest in anything he shared from a shooting standpoint. The business stuff might be worth a listen (I missed the first day), but I'd never run my business in the manner he does personality-wise. They're successful purely because of her.

Nov 16, 2012 at 02:40 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Wedding Photography Boot Camp on CreativeLive now.

I missed the business stuff on day 1 and 2, and decided to buy the course.

I just finished day 1, and it's on par is the Zach and Jody CL when they talked business. You can see that Sal is much more of a used car sales man type of guy though, and makes no apologies for it.

Edit: Day 2, Taylor, wow

Nov 16, 2012 at 06:10 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.