Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Outsourcing Album designs

Sahid Limon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Outsourcing Album designs

Sup peeps. I'm sure most of you have a lot of work now that wedding season is coming to a close. I know that's the case with me. So much so, I'm considering not focusing on album designs at all, and just focus on everything else. Just wanted to know if any of you are outsourcing your album design, and if so, what's a good, reliable company to use. If you don't want to disclose it on the forums, feel free to pm me.

Nov 05, 2012 at 06:43 PM
StowePhoto

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Outsourcing Album designs

I, too, would be curious to know what others experiences with this has been.

Nov 06, 2012 at 01:51 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Outsourcing Album designs

I tried Zookie Pro (design service at Zookbinders) in the first month or so that they were doing design, and found their work to be pretty good, especially for a service in such an early stage. I gave them an image set with about 20% more images than I wanted them to use, and gave them permission to decide which ones to use, and they made good choices; I approved the first design with no changes.

My design approach is different now (simpler), so I'm not sure I'll outsource album design again, but would consider using them again if I needed design. Layout isn't what I want to spend my time doing, and album design (i.e., the layout of the album) isn't something I emphasize; there's not a lot of juice to squeeze from that orange -- so I don't need to control it obsessively.

Nov 06, 2012 at 02:04 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Outsourcing Album designs

I may have mentioned this before on the forum, I am open to doing album design for other photographers, can cater to your style preferences, etc. I do not use templates and create every album from scratch so each one is unique. Anyway, I just thought I would throw that out there in case anyone wants to contact me directly.

Nov 07, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Sam Hassas
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Outsourcing Album designs

Find a stay at home mom with a Macbook and lap downtime. Best option in my opinion. They'll fine tune their approach JUST for you. A large company won't do that as well. Plus it keeps one more working mother off the pole. Have a heart guys.

Nov 07, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Brian Virts
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Outsourcing Album designs

It's true, there are stay at home moms who will edit and design albums for very reasonable rates. Check your local facebook group and ask around, shouldn't be too hard to find one...

Nov 08, 2012 at 01:38 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

louloulou
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Outsourcing Album designs

What Sam Hassas said...I know one or two, but they live over here in Australia.......................
however we order and communicate with/from the USA no problem

Nov 08, 2012 at 04:09 AM
spink
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Outsourcing Album designs

Sam Hassas wrote:
Find a stay at home mom with a Macbook and lap downtime. Best option in my opinion. They'll fine tune their approach JUST for you. A large company won't do that as well. Plus it keeps one more working mother off the pole. Have a heart guys.

Haha, case in point, my wife: http://albumsbytheresa.com

Nov 08, 2012 at 04:55 AM
selece
• •
Account locked
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Outsourcing Album designs

I do album design. :3

It keeps me busy for the winter months where ... you know, nobody wants to get married because it's -40?

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Outsourcing Album designs

Here you go... http://thealbumdesign.com/

I worked with them this year and they are great! We had to go through 3 album revisions, and they were easy to work with & are very responsive.

If anyone decides to try them out, then PLEASE let them know that I referred you! They have a great referral program!

Nov 15, 2012 at 02:58 PM
dlateulade

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Outsourcing Album designs

Hell, I'd pick up some album design work if the money was good enough. And I'm thebomb.com

Nov 15, 2012 at 03:52 PM
ChrisDM
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Outsourcing Album designs

I've been using Red Boot Design for years, they are great. They are owned by Kubota Image Tools I think. Highly recommended:

http://www.redbootdesign.com/

Nov 15, 2012 at 05:16 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password