Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Big thanks

awacs
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Big thanks

Hi all,

I'm fairly unknown around here, just recently started posting in earnest. I wanted to say of few words of enormous thanks to Rick Dayton. He gave me a generous chunk of time for what amounted to a terrific mentoring/Q&A session. What a great, undeserved gift - thaks again, Rick.

We only have one more game (I shot a bad shoot yesterday, but that does not mean I did not absorb what we talked about!) and hopefully next week's will be that much better for it. If not, there's next season.

This is a great forum. I hope to pay it back some day.

Best to everyone I've learned from,
Aram

Nov 05, 2012 at 06:30 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Big thanks

Good to hear, Aram. Kudos to Rick. And passing it forward is the key. That's been a meaningful tradition here, so it's nice to know you are thinking in those terms.

Nov 05, 2012 at 06:34 PM
MakoShark
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Big thanks

Yeah Rick has helped me as well not to mention so many others in the group. Over here,as opposed to many other sites, folks are incredibly nice, outgoing, helpful and not a bashing crowd.

I will echo those thanks as well Aram!

Manny

Nov 05, 2012 at 06:46 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #4 · Big thanks

I am a little embarassed to read this -- because all I am doing is what dozens of great shooters have done for me in the past. One of them just so happens to be first man to respond to Aram's post. It's hard to express how much I have personally learned from spending time here in the Fred Miranda community. I visit FM daily -- largely to see what my photography friends are doing.

It's kind of odd really. I think there are only two members of the FM community that I have ever met face-to-face. One is the long-time friend who introduced me to the board in the first place (Steve Murphy, Raleigh, NC.) The only other one is a local shooter who sold me his his wonderful 300mm f/2.8.

However, there are hundreds of others who have reached out to me via PM's, emails, phone calls, and countless very patient responses to my (often mediocre) posts, questions about gear, and requests for C&C. They are the ones who inspire me to help when I can.

Aram and Manny, I really enjoyed talking with both of you on the phone and feel like I made two new "faceless" friends -- all thanks to Fred Miranda.

Rick

Nov 06, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Big thanks

Rick? What a know it all...

Seriously though, Rick is a great contributor here and much of his rapid growth can be attributed to his positive attitude. Never heard a "Yeah, but..." from him.

That same positive attitude is now a big asset as he comes full circle and pays it forward, to steal a line from Russ.

Marty

Nov 06, 2012 at 06:15 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password