Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · First time ever shooting football - Georgia State vs Old ...

kylehess10
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First time ever shooting football - Georgia State vs Old Dominion @ The GA Dome

On Saturday I shot my first football game ever. It was also the first time I've ever been to a football game (I've always shot baseball). It was Georgia State vs Old Dominion at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. This was Bill Curry's final home game after 20 seasons as a head coach (3 with GA State). Would love some C&C so I know what I'm doing right, wrong, what I can fix, etc.

Nov 05, 2012 at 04:01 PM
clarence3
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First time ever shooting football - Georgia State vs Old Dominion @ The GA Dome

I remember Bill Curry from Bama in '89. Good record, but he lost all 3 games to Auburn (War Eagle!) so his extension contract wasn't completely agreeable. He looks 25 years older than he did 25 years ago.

Good pictures from someone who has never even been to a football game.

For the most part you got eyes and ball. Unfortunately most of your eyes are obstructed by the player's face mask. I never use rapid-fire spray and pray, but I do like to double-tap the shutter... one of the pictures in the sequence will usually have better eyes than the other.

Good job on exposures and framing (tight, but without amputating toes).

I've never seen the GA Dome that empty.

Nov 05, 2012 at 04:20 PM
mkchang
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First time ever shooting football - Georgia State vs Old Dominion @ The GA Dome

Is that you on the jumbotron in #3?

Nov 05, 2012 at 08:02 PM
kylehess10
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First time ever shooting football - Georgia State vs Old Dominion @ The GA Dome

clarence3 - Thank you for the feedback - GSU games don't bring out much attendance at all now. They did used to fill up the Dome back in 2010 (their first season) but with an 1-8 record this season, nobody cares to show up to watch.

mkchang- Yep, that's me

Nov 05, 2012 at 10:09 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password