Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Gitzo carbon fiber tripod smell (RRS ??)

bbvaj
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Gitzo carbon fiber tripod smell (RRS ??)

Tareq and Norman... My experience is similar. i wasn't sure where the smell is coming from though, that's the reason for this post. Thanks for letting me know the smell goes away after properly cleaning and re-lubricating.

Nov 08, 2012 at 03:05 PM
peter_n
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Gitzo carbon fiber tripod smell (RRS ??)

Tareq wrote:
Well, where and how do you lubricate it? I want to get a grease/lubricant to do for my tripods, the one i use most is almost dried and full of dust and maybe dirt or so, i think time for re-grease it again.

I use a viscous white lithium grease that I bought in an auto repair store at $2.59 for an 8oz. tube. It's made by Plews & Edelmann and marketed as a lawn and garden grease (think lawnmowers and small tractors). Kind of unlikely I suppose for tripods but it works really well.

Nov 08, 2012 at 05:29 PM
Tareq
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Gitzo carbon fiber tripod smell (RRS ??)

peter_n wrote:
I use a viscous white lithium grease that I bought in an auto repair store at $2.59 for an 8oz. tube. It's made by Plews & Edelmann and marketed as a lawn and garden grease (think lawnmowers and small tractors). Kind of unlikely I suppose for tripods but it works really well.

Thank you very much!

Nov 14, 2012 at 04:41 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.