Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Calm Before the Storm....

DSC01
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Calm Before the Storm....

This was shot a few weeks ago before the sun came up at Lake Tiorati in Harriman State Park. A very peaceful moment... FAST FORWARD to last Monday night... I live in Mahwah NJ about 20 miles north of Manhattan and as most of you are aware Hurricane Sandy came through here with a vengeance. We were fortunate to escape with little damage and only the loss of power which btw may be out for several more days (I am sending this from my office which is where I have been camped out )I hope that all FM'ers who were in it's wake are safe and sound . Believe everything you see and read about this storm because it has inflicted a lot of damage, pain and suffering to many. I hope that the lives that have been disrupted can soon return to the calm peacefulness projected in this image.
Regards, Dean

Morning Calm...........

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:27 PM
GeorgieGirl
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Calm Before the Storm....

Beautiful. Just Beautiful.

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:39 PM
D. von Briesen
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Calm Before the Storm....

stunning. so glad to know you guys are relatively all right. good to hear your voice the other morning. teri & i are thinking of you guys.

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:48 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Calm Before the Storm....

Great picture, Dean, all the more poignant because of its context. We caught the "good side" of the storm down here in northern Virginia and just had to deal with a lot a rain and moderate wind. Here's hoping that thing quickly return to normal for those of you who were most affected.

Dave

Nov 04, 2012 at 12:25 AM
DSC01
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Calm Before the Storm....

GeorgieGirl, Dave
Thanks !

Derek,
Really appreciate it, speak to you during the week, still no power at the house but there are rumors maybe tonight maybe tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Dean

Nov 04, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Calm Before the Storm....

A peaceful calming photograpgher. I love it.

Nov 04, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Phrasikleia
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Calm Before the Storm....

Beautiful. Very elegant in its simplicity. Glad to hear that you weathered the storm relatively well.

Nov 05, 2012 at 11:48 AM
teked
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Calm Before the Storm....

Glad to hear you somewhat escaped the wrath, Dean. From the news accounts, it looks like many will be rebooting their way of life. Hope you get your power back soon.

Wonderful moody image. The addition of the grass, and leaves in the foreground really aid in balancing this shot. Very nice.

Cheers,
Ed

Nov 05, 2012 at 02:03 PM
denis55
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Calm Before the Storm....

serenity!
just beautiful

Nov 05, 2012 at 02:20 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password