Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Tips for handball?

Paulthelefty
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tips for handball?

Wow, I thought high school gyms had bad light!!!

I'm shooting with my 7D and I'm at 12,800 ISO to get decent shutter speeds using my 70-200 2.8 and a rented 17-55 2.8. A custom white balance gets me close, I can make minor adjustments in post. I'm getting some pretty good shots, but the reflections are terrible. I am having a very hard time finding angles that don't wash out or totally ruin shots. I know that is pretty normal, but does anyone have any suggestions for better odds?

I am going to try a polarizer today, but that is going to eat a lot of light. The only faster glass I have are a 50 1.8 and an 85 1.8. The 85 will go today, but the 50 won't focus fast enough. And 85 is pretty long...

One guy at the tourney suggested a small piece of cardboard taped to the support beam. He had seen that done by others at tourneys before. Makes sense to me, create a non-reflection spot to shoot through.

I'm also going to wear a dark shirt today instead of my yellow event logo shirt! Saw my own reflection way too much yesterday.

Anyway, any advice or suggestions are welcome. Tourney goes through Sunday, and I will post a few shots afterward.

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Nov 03, 2012 at 04:48 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password