Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Archive 2012 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Gochugogi wrote:
We briefly had speeding cameras in Hawaii but there was such a public uproar the government backed down and lost a lot of tax payer money due to the existing installs and personnel contracts. It was an election year and 99% of the population was against the speeding cameras (including police).

As if I needed another reason to immigrate....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Nov 07, 2012 at 06:29 AM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
What I get is why all the red necks aren't shooting the cameras; heck I'd support them all the way. We had a few destoryed early on, but I haven't seen one touched for years. I'd actually consider leaving Australia because of them and will never live in Victoria or as we call it Pigtoria these days. Worst place to drive in the world.

Let's switch. Surely Australia can not be as bad as Israel. Digital speed cameras and police officers with lasers are spreading lately like a plauge.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Nov 07, 2012 at 06:55 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Yakim Peled wrote:
Let's switch. Surely Australia can not be as bad as Israel. Digital speed cameras and police officers with lasers are spreading lately like a plauge.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Oh it be bad, very very bad. Australia is known as a a nanny state. Governemnt coffers are strapped for cash and they know speed cameras are like shooting fish in a barrel. They make about a $1 billion across all states. Easy money and Australians are mugs and just put up with it.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:44 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

But you have lots of space. Australia is huge.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:47 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Yakim Peled wrote:
But you have lots of space. Australia is huge.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

But 90% of it is uninhabitable. It's mostly arid and stinking hot outside the coastal strip. I'd much rather live in say Alaska.

Nov 07, 2012 at 04:49 PM
Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Me too.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:17 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Pixel Perfect wrote:
They make about a $1 billion across all states. Easy money and Australians are mugs and just put up with it.

That might not be a bad strategy! Eliminate **all** taxes, and just have 0 tolerance on traffic laws.

Than people could "self select", and pay "taxes" if they couldn't maintain self control, or were drunk, etc.

Meanwhile the 98% of the country outside the biggest cities gets a free ride (they probably don't get that much in services anyway), and can drive like the Autobahn!

ETA: (Were the Mad Max movies filmed in Australia? That is what I always imagine it is like there! Or maybe like "Where the Green Ants Dream", great film. Or "The Last Wave." I sort of imagine you as stuck in the 1980's.....)

ETA2: My sister actually spent her junior year of high school as an exchange student in Ngongotaha, New Zealand (near Rotorua.) That sounded like a wonderful place! What part of New Zealand is Australia in?

(all jokes... no flames please! Cheers!)

mICHael

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:18 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · Canon's new MAP pricing begins today!

Yeah Mad Max filmed in Australia. The first one was more coastal areas, but the thunderdome movie showed the real outback, dry, hot, arid.

Nov 07, 2012 at 05:22 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.