Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Something a little different...

rolette
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Something a little different...

I've been asked to pull together the slideshow videos for the end-of-season volleyball banquet at my daughter's high school. Videos aren't exactly my area of expertise, so I'm hoping to get some feedback on them - good, bad or ugly.

I'm still working on the varsity video, but the JV and Freshman videos are pretty much done other than adding titles.

2012 Rock Volleyball: Junior Varsity

I only shot a couple of freshman matches, so a lot less material to work with on their video.
2012 Rock Volleyball: Freshman

It's amazing how much time it takes to find music that the girls like with the right tempo and appropriate lyrics. Thank goodness for Spotify!

Jay

Nov 01, 2012 at 01:17 PM
jim1154
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Something a little different...

Good job Jay! I put together a very similar volleyball video last year for an end of season banquet...

http://youtu.be/JTQZ_8w3DMM?hd=1

Picking the right images, shuffling them around, selecting music, etc. was definitely time consuming. If time permits I hope to put one together with this season's photos. Music was the toughest part for me as it had to be "officially" licensed, which ruled out all of the top 40 hits that the players wanted.

Nov 01, 2012 at 02:04 PM
rolette
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Something a little different...

Really like what you did with your video, Jim. Extremely nice shots in the slideshow and liked the effects.

How'd you put yours together? Did you do it by hand in Vegas or something similar? Or did you use one of the various online sites to build it?

Jay

Nov 02, 2012 at 12:50 AM
sandman22
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Something a little different...

both videos are very cool how did you do the shots looking down on the girls jim?

Nov 02, 2012 at 04:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rolette
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Something a little different...

Just for completeness sake, here's the varsity video:
2012 Rock Volleyball: Varsity

Jay

Nov 02, 2012 at 12:52 PM
jim1154
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Something a little different...

I used Animoto for my video... it does most of the heavy lifting but leaves very little control to the user. For instance, I have no control over the transitions or effects being used. Another quirk is that it uses an aspect ratio other than 2x3. If you're unhappy with the video, you can "remaster" it and get a new sequence of transitions/effects. I did this 4-5 times and chose my favorite version.

Sandman... the overhead shots were taken from a catwalk.

Nov 02, 2012 at 02:42 PM
rolette
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Something a little different...

How are you keeping access to older versions of the video when you remaster? I didn't see a good way to do that (also using Animoto for mine)...

Jay

Nov 02, 2012 at 05:43 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password