New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Transporting/Carrying a couple of relatively long lenses

sathya_sn

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Transporting/Carrying a couple of relatively long lenses

I'd like some recommendations/suggestions on how to carry a couple of long lenses.

My current lens arsenal includes 70-200 F4L and I'm planning to acquire a 400F5.6L in the next few months. I have a 5DIII and a 7D and the plan is to use the 400F5.6 on the 5DIII and the 70-200F4 on the 7D for shooting birds & wildlife.

I currently carry my gear in a Lowepro Nova 200 AW (http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Nova-200-AW-Camera/dp/B0016J1EIQ). I'm able to stuff both the bodies a 17-40, 50 1.4, 70-200 & a 18-200 in it with a little space for some filters etc. Although it is a little tight, it works for the most part.

But with the plan to get a 400F5.6, I'm starting to wonder how to carry everything. I realize the lens comes with its own carry bag but it would be great to have them all in one bag without having to deal with two, especially since the 400F5.6 is not as heavy as its bigger brothers. I would appreciate some feedback or recommendations from people who already carry a similar set of lenses.

Is it even practical to expect all of these to fit into a single bag. Any suggestions for something that would fit all this?

Thanks!

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:19 PM
minh giang

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Transporting/Carrying a couple of relatively long lenses

since you are hiking, on of the gura-gear packs would be my suggestion, i have the 22l and can carry two similiar size lens

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Transporting/Carrying a couple of relatively long lenses

I have a lowepro flipside 300 that I think would hold that setup pretty easily. Mine is configured to hold my 7d with 300 2.8 attached, and there is plenty of room for my 70-200 2.8 plus a few odds and ends. I got mine used for about $50 IIRC. I like it; others have said it is not a very good pack. For the money, I think it is excellent.

Paul

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.