FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Gentle Frosting

Milan Hutera
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gentle Frosting

This moring I went to capture some fall foliage, however, the scene I had in mind turned out to be "sub standard" (in other words, my visualization was better than the actual scene). However, I came across this intimate scene of frozen leaves in the grass and it turned out to be quite nice. It's not anything grand so I suspect it won't generate any comments at all, but hopefully some of you will enjoy it. This is my first photo processed in Lightroom 4.1 I purchased last week. The RAW converting capabilities are awesome. The rest - not so much. I much prefer the bridge workflow, however, LR is 5 times cheaper than Photoshop, so the wallet made the ultimate purchasing decision.

Tech: Canon 1D IV, Canon 24-70L, f11, CPL, processed in Lightroom 4.1 (I deliberately went for colder rendition, since the scene was in the shadows)

http://milanhutera.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/gentle-frosting.jpg
See it on my website: http://milanhutera.com/?portfolio=gentle-frosting

Oct 31, 2012 at 04:21 PM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gentle Frosting

Nice subtlety Milan! I might crop in closer to the three-leaf clusters.
Douglas

Oct 31, 2012 at 05:42 PM
wbrad
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gentle Frosting

Great clarity in this shot, Milan.
I don't really agree on the crop, I think the surrounding grasses have a certain chaotic flow which really makes the shot.

Wayne

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gentle Frosting

Douglas, Wayne - thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the photo.

Douglas - I actually have a close up of the leaves, however, when I took it the frost was completly gone so I didn't even bother to process it.

Nov 01, 2012 at 03:46 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.