Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Miller's DVD users...

amonline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Miller's DVD users...

Can any of you confirm writing 4.30gb to one of Miller's printed DVDs?

I wrote 4.10gb to 4 DVD's this morning, but a disk I need to order tonight is hitting 4.30gb.

Can anyone confirm they've written that much to a Miller's DVD successfully?

Thanks!

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:22 PM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Miller's DVD users...

you can always delete or make dancing photos smaller. I would not be too concern about it. It will tell you whether it will fit or not before you burn.

Why don't you buy a home printer that can do it? Totally worth the money if you want to stick with DVD.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:48 PM
emdzey

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Miller's DVD users...

I've only ordered the DVD case from Millers but....

a DVD technically holds 4.7gb of data so you should be fine.

If that doesn't work, send me the image and i'll print it on some glossy watershield blanks

Robin Usagani wrote:
you can always delete or make dancing photos smaller. I would not be too concern about it. It will tell you whether it will fit or not before you burn.

Why don't you buy a home printer that can do it? Totally worth the money if you want to stick with DVD.

This. Epson Artisan + Taiyo Yuden blanks = win!

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:52 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Miller's DVD users...

Can't beat the quality of Miller's printed DVDs.

Didn't think about shrinking the reception shots. Although, this was an intimate setting with all close family. For that reason, I shot many of those images where they may end up as 8x10's.

However, thanks for the idea. There are at least another 25-50 details I could do that with that will probably get me to 4.10gb.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:53 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Miller's DVD users...

emdzey wrote:
a DVD technically holds 4.7gb of data so you should be fine.

Um, 4.7gb DVD's do NOT hold 4.7gbs of data. If you've found some magic disks, please let me know about them.

Oct 30, 2012 at 09:55 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

emdzey

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Miller's DVD users...

amonline wrote:
Um, 4.7gb DVD's do NOT hold 4.7gbs of data. If you've found some magic disks, please let me know about them.

True, i think it's more like 4.38gb (they call it 4.7gb cause it's 4,700,000,000 bytes... but then 1kb = 1024 bytes, 1mb = 1024 kb, etc....

So if you're approaching 4.30, you're golden

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Jon-Mark
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Miller's DVD users...

A little OT but... I switched from DVD to USB thumb 2 months ago. Way less work/effort and my clients are always super stoked to get a thumb drive instead of a disc. Worth thinking about. Plus you don't have these storage concerns.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Miller's DVD users...

emdzey wrote:
True, i think it's more like 4.38gb ...

So if you're approaching 4.30, you're golden

Yea, I knew the 4.38 number. I was just hoping someone could confirm. Regardless, I'll shrink some details if it doesn't fit.

Jon-Mark wrote:
A little OT but... I switched from DVD to USB thumb 2 months ago. Way less work/effort and my clients are always super stoked to get a thumb drive instead of a disc. Worth thinking about. Plus you don't have these storage concerns.

Yea, I'm thinking of swapping in 2013. Mainly because the new iMac has just proven disks are on their way out.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM
BriMcD
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Miller's DVD users...

Jon-Mark wrote:

Did you buy a lot of them or just get them as you need them? I would need some 8GB and 16GB ones depending if client wanted a second shooter for 10 hours.

Thanks

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM
TTLKurtis
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Miller's DVD users...

When I run into that wall I just export slightly lower quality. Isn't going to make a difference when they print from some crappy lab anyways.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password