Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

rddayton
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Many of you know my full-time job is not photography. I work in the television news business. For the past couple days, the massive east coast hurricane has dominated our coverage. I can't help but think of my FM Sports Shooter friends in the midst of the storm -- guys like Paul Alesse (NY,) Frank Lauri (eastern PA,) Chris (aka cmpdesignz2010 in NYC,) Wendell (aka sportsdadof3 in VA) and Chris Wraight (aka Aqualung in MA.) I am sure there are many more. Gentlemen, know that I am thinking about you and praying for you during this time. I lived through several of them in my time in North Carolina and have dealt with the clean-up efforts. Be safe my friends.

Rick

Edited on Oct 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM · View previous versions

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM
awacs
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Thanks for the good thoughts. I am actually on the west coast and things are calm. I send out my best wishes and hopes for everyone back east. I have family on the coast. I've seen coastal storms, and they are tremendous.

Stay safe, everyone.

Aram

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

prayers and thoughts from GA! After living in NY during Gloria, and about a dozen in FL this is hell to go through.

Be safe, stay dry and hope to see you all posting soon!

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Thanks Rick for the prayers and thoughts.....and a bump to all those who have been affected by this storm. All is well in my area except for some leaves and debris.

Hope everyone and your families are all safe and secure.

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:02 PM
sportsdadof3
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Thanks Rick (I post via candle light using iPad on the cell network) waiting for power to be restored a second time. My part of SWVa was spared a major blow with only high winds and blustery rain, sleet and snow. While inconvenient I don't complain 'cause many are suffering much worse and offers a quite moment to pause, reflect and give thanks!

For those on FM who are dealing with this tragic storm I offer my thoughts and prayers.

Clarence3 in NOVA hope all is ok in your part of Virginia.

Thanks again Rick

Best at All ... Be safe.

Wendell

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:40 PM
FMarquart
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Thanks Rick for thinking of everyone! Everything was pretty good in Southern Maryland despite what the projected (thank god!) Here are two shots from during and after the storm...

http://fmarquart.smugmug.com/photos/i-sCFwjWR/0/L/i-sCFwjWR-L.jpg

http://fmarquart.smugmug.com/photos/i-64SzWgL/0/L/i-64SzWgL-L.jpg

Be safe up North of me!

Frank

Oct 30, 2012 at 08:34 PM
gerald1
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

I can empathize with the people in the Northeast. Until you have lived through a natural disaster you really do not understand the full impact of what is happening to you and around you. During IKE we lost ½ of our house to water damage. Over the next year we wrestled with insurance and contractors trying to get back in our house, those were some of the toughest times of my life. I questioned a lot of things many times, but we are blessed to live in the greatest county in the world and we kept to our faith. I will say this to all of those who have been effected by these events, “This too shall pass”. Our prayers and our support are with you, hang in there.

Nov 03, 2012 at 03:27 PM
Jeff Napier
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

I have heard from Paul A., Shane P. and Dan N. All are doing relatively good for thier circumstances, I think Paul was still without power and made a brake for it to somewhere he could get some relief. Also, dont forget about Luke T. I have not heard much from his area.It looks like Frank L. is hanging in there too. Well wishes to you all.

Nov 03, 2012 at 04:21 PM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Its really nice to see forum members looking out for each other. My thoughts go out to all those affected by the storm. Living on Long Island its surreal to see the devastation the storm has caused

Nov 03, 2012 at 06:12 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Jeff Napier wrote:
I have heard from Paul A., Shane P. and Dan N. All are doing relatively good for thier circumstances, I think Paul was still without power and made a brake for it to somewhere he could get some relief. Also, dont forget about Luke T. I have not heard much from his area.It looks like Frank L. is hanging in there too. Well wishes to you all.

Jeff,

Thank you very much for the update on those guys. Glad to hear the good news.

Nov 03, 2012 at 09:21 PM
cmpdesignz2010
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Praying for fellow FM Sports Shooters

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. My family and myself were spared for the most part, but many close friends have lost everything. They face a tough road ahead of them, but as I have heard over and over again - "We are New Yorkers and We Will Rebuild."

If you would like to help, there in another thread in this forum with details on many ways to help.

Again, thank you all.

Nov 04, 2012 at 02:00 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.