Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

MakoShark
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

So in an effort to apply some comments and suggestions I wanted to post another set. WB is something I have been trying to dial in. I know some of it is a taste thing, but my previous posts have been way too warm and throwing off hues.

So here is another set I appreciate all the help I have been receiving here, its the only way I am going to improve.

Fall is here so the game started right at dusk then of course the lights kicked in.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:47 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #2 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Thanks again!

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:48 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Mako: Colors and sharpness (stunning!) look very good, to the point where some of these have something of an HDR/3-D thing going on. They really leap from the screen. I'd like to see a bit more variety with the action, but this is a very strong set and yes, progress is evident. Nice work.

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:08 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #4 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Russ Isabella wrote:
Mako: Colors and sharpness (stunning!) look very good, to the point where some of these have something of an HDR/3-D thing going on. They really leap from the screen. I'd like to see a bit more variety with the action, but this is a very strong set and yes, progress is evident. Nice work.

Russ!!! Many thanks. I appreciate the kind words and HELP! Folks like you and a bunch of others only make us all better.

I would have liked the same with action variation. This was a running night for sure. Will keep on it and working on angles and such. Have a great day!

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:11 PM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Somewhere between very good and great, but don't let it go to your head

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:11 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #6 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Psychic1 wrote:
Somewhere between very good and great, but don't let it go to your head

No way will it ever. They are better than before but so many other things I still need to constantly improve. Baby steps. But many thanks for the comments. Positive vibes always help and I appreciate them.

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:15 PM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #7 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

No doubt there is improvement here. The only comment I would add to what has already been offered is -- watch the consistency of your colors. Scroll through the set you posted. Look specifically at the color of the Longhorns' jerseys -- or the bright red pants. If they look the same from shot to shot, then you have your white balance issue nailed. Look at Longhorns' jersey in 1 vs. 2 or the pants in 5 vs. 6. See what I mean? I'm not sure it's a white balance issue as much as an exposure issue or perhaps contrast. Just my two cents worth. Keep at it. You are well on your way.

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

SGWW
• •
p.1 #8 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Lookin' good Manny!

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:28 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #9 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

SGWW wrote:
Lookin' good Manny!

Thanks Scott! Appreciate you dropping by.

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:29 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #10 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

rddayton wrote:
No doubt there is improvement here. The only comment I would add to what has already been offered is -- watch the consistency of your colors. Scroll through the set you posted. Look specifically at the color of the Longhorns' jerseys -- or the bright red pants. If they look the same from shot to shot, then you have your white balance issue nailed. Look at Longhorns' jersey in 1 vs. 2 or the pants in 5 vs. 6. See what I mean? I'm not sure it's a white balance issue as much as an exposure issue or perhaps contrast.
...Show more

Many thanks for the comments. I see what you are referring to and will look at the shots more closely. I almost wonder if its the lighting and me just needing to get more consistent exposures in the varying lighting conditions. Its crazy how in a 15 minute span 1stQ to 2ndQ the light really challenges me.

will keep fine tuning and working, thanks again for your input. MUCH appreciated.
Manny

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:31 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #11 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Manny...when you mentioned about WB...it kinda threw me off because I wasn't seeing any issue here. There is some slight variations but like Rick indicated....it is probably more exposure than WB and changing from dusk to dark and the stadium lights. I think made significant improvement and I like that you went pretty tight with these and you worked out any distracting BG's.

All nice but out of the series....I like 3, 4, & 5 the best.

Oct 30, 2012 at 06:51 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #12 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Frank - Many thanks. Yeah Russ and a few others had gave me some ideas to think about and I referring back to that. I still have some tweaking to work out, but tend to agree my exposures and post processing still need work!

Much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to point out your picks.

Have a great day

Oct 30, 2012 at 06:55 PM
sandman22
• • •
p.1 #13 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

i wish I could get my colors to pop like this and sharpness looks great....that kid would destroy anyone on our freshman team as well.

Ben

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:22 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #14 · Freshman Football - C&C Please

Thanks Ben. Much appreciated.

Oct 30, 2012 at 07:25 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password