Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

joelconner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

For those of you using blogstomp...

http://blogstomponline.com/upgrade/

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:38 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

got the email... only $19 to upgrade too! i'll probably upgrade when I get home today.. perfect timing as I have an engagement session to blog

if anyone upgrades and tests it out, any feedback would be appreciated! I am curious how the new sharpening looks

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:50 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

Can't beat the $19 upgrade really.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:10 PM
LivLif
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

Awesome! I love the new Facebook and blog upload features. Definitely worth the upgrade.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:14 PM
emdzey

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

I purchased blogstomp less than a month ago and i got an email that i'm qualified for a free upgrade.

Let's see how this rebuilt sharpening tool works...

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:20 PM
ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

Just trying it out now. Looks pretty good. Few minor bugs and annoyances but nothing to write home about. Definitely worth the money.

A

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:31 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

ai3x wrote:
Just trying it out now. Looks pretty good. Few minor bugs and annoyances but nothing to write home about. Definitely worth the money.

A

The bug I have so far is that there is no drag and drop import. I REALLY wish there was a way to manually adjust the order of the images...that is the one feature I really miss.

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:38 PM
LivLif
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

emdzey wrote:
I purchased blogstomp less than a month ago and i got an email that i'm qualified for a free upgrade.

Let's see how this rebuilt sharpening tool works...

I go it a few months ago and got a free upgrade as well! Sweet!

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:05 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

Very weird, I didn't get the email with the upgrade discount code...

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ai3x
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

joelconner wrote:
The bug I have so far is that there is no drag and drop import. I REALLY wish there was a way to manually adjust the order of the images...that is the one feature I really miss.

Drag and drop works for me...

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:39 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

drag & drop works for me as well. on a sidenote, is there some type of limit on the # of photos you can upload in BS? I put about 200 hi-res images and it seems to crash after I click a few images to combine (same thing happened with previous version for me)

is anyone having this issue? anyway around it? I am going to cut down the 200 to about 50 and re-try it

UPDATE
Found my answer in BS's FAQs:
Why does BlogStomp sometimes crash when I try to stomp large batches of images?
BlogStomp uses your computerís processor and RAM to re-size batches of images and prep them for use on the web. If BlogStomp is crashing when you try to process large batches of images, it may be that you are attempting to process more images than your computer can handle at one time. If this is the case, BlogStomp will shut down, rather than do any damage to your computer or your files.

Try again using a smaller batch.

Maybe it's a sign that I need to update my MBP...

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:43 PM
LivLif
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

has anyone noticed that no matter what you set sharpening to it doesn't sharpen the images on stomping. WTH!!!

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:37 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

JR, I haven't had that problem. I regularly drop in 100+ images for a blog post. This version actually imports them in about 1/4 of the time the first version did. FWIW, I have 12gb of RAM and an i7 980 extreme.

Liv, haven't had that problem either. I tried a few. I settled at "10" for 1000px wide.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:49 AM
LivLif
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

Alan have you checked your sharpen settings? What is it set to? When i set mine it shows a before and after. However, when i export the image looks just like the before. It's driving me NUTS! trying to get some images done for the web and its not acting right.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:53 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

ai3x wrote:
Drag and drop works for me...

weird...not working for me at all

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:58 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

LivLif wrote:
Alan have you checked your sharpen settings? What is it set to? When i set mine it shows a before and after. However, when i export the image looks just like the before. It's driving me NUTS! trying to get some images done for the web and its not acting right.

Yes, set to 10 as described above. I tried 50 just to see the difference. It does work.

Oct 31, 2012 at 01:02 AM
WNStudio
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Blogstomp Upgrade...

It's about time. Old version was cool and working for me, but it was staying behind competition for some time now. And a perfect timing.

Oct 31, 2012 at 07:00 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password