New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · HS Senior Laura

andyjh
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Senior Laura

Took advantage of some reflection of leaves just before they all hit the ground. Comments welcome.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM
G Ric
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Senior Laura

why the change of sweater color? it looks like direct flash. i would've liked to see her hands. thanks for sharing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:58 PM
andyjh
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Senior Laura

She's in partial shade from surrounding trees. Fill flash on face.

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:04 PM
ScooberJake
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Senior Laura

Except it isn't just fill flash. Fill flash is when you use flash just to lift the shadows. Here, the flash is the main light source, and thus it looks "flashed".

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:26 PM
rerdreb
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Senior Laura

This is a decent shot. I don't think the flash is that bad. She looks to be at about the same brightness as the background. I would probably have brought down the exposure on the background just a little to make her stand out a bit more.

Yes the light is flat (no shadows on the face to create depth) but it is still a decent picture. You have a good exposure on her face and a good skin tone.
The flash doesn't bother me as much as the sunlight/shadow line accross the sweater. You may be able to take that into photoshop and use an adjustment layer to even out the tones on the sweater. The hard shadow line is the only thing that distracts me on the image.

She is a pretty girl and you did get a nice shot of her. If you were to take the flash off camera and have someone hold it or put it on a stand or clamp it to something you could get a better angle and create some shadows on the face that would add depth and modelling. It would give the portrait more depth and more of a 3d look to it.

Still is is a nice picture.

Oct 29, 2012 at 09:10 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.