Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · I need a drink

eyelaser
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I need a drink

Gearing up for what is being called the storm of the last 100 years...hope any of you that are in its path stay safe....hoping against hope for power throughout but that seems unlikely....the worst is supposed to be around midnight....nothing like 80+mph winds blowing against 100' trees and all you can do is hope they don't fall on your house. I need a drink and hope its a celebratory one at the end of this....but I suspect I may be drowning my sorrows instead.
Eric
http://eyelaser.smugmug.com/Nature/Botswana-2012/i-w66WksD/0/X2/BOTX5905-Editleoparddrinking-X2.jpg

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:42 AM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I need a drink

I hope everyone stays safe during the big blow. Looks like lots of the eastern regions in Canada and the northern US will feel some of the effects - rain and or wind. What did the cat have its eye on while drinking, or it just being wary?

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:46 AM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I need a drink

KCollett wrote:
I hope everyone stays safe during the big blow. Looks like lots of the eastern regions in Canada and the northern US will feel some of the effects - rain and or wind. What did the cat have its eye on while drinking, or it just being wary?

Thanks Ken....with a 7.7 quake out your way and this here it is like the dawn of time all over again....We have moved up our office's closing from 1pm to 10am....its almost time to get home and hunker down!
She has 2 cubs in tow and so is always on the lookout...she would often close her eyes but I try to shoot when they are open...I think it makes for a more interesting photo.
Eric

Oct 29, 2012 at 08:31 AM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I need a drink

Beautiful shot Eric !

Wishing that you and all in the path of Sandy stay safe and that damage is minimal. Be careful .

Birdie

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I need a drink

So you won't be out taking pictures today? Me either!

Nice kitty getting a drink, hang in there buddy

Karl

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Rob Tillyer
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I need a drink

Great shot Eric.
Stay safe.

Rob

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:15 PM
mike717
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I need a drink

Gearing up for what is being called the storm of the last 100 years...
Didn't they say that last year around this time Eric?

Beautiful cat!

Stay safe.

Mike

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:18 PM
WesN
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I need a drink

Eric,

Great shot and stay safe. Even in the Chicago area Sandy is making an impact, they are predicting 40-60 mph winds with high wave warnings on Lake Michigan. Again stay safe.

Wes N.

Edited on Oct 29, 2012 at 02:23 PM · View previous versions

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:43 PM
tfoltz
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I need a drink

Eric, Another great photo. I hope everything works out well for you, stay safe.

-Tim

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:46 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I need a drink

Great shots Eric. Button down the hatches and sit tight. I hope the storm passes without a hitch for you.
David

Oct 29, 2012 at 03:51 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · I need a drink

Stay warm and safe. Great picture Eric.
Harsha

Oct 29, 2012 at 04:47 PM
jfwoodman
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · I need a drink

Great shot, Eric! Stay safe East Coast FM'ers!

Oct 29, 2012 at 04:52 PM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · I need a drink

Nice cat shot, Eric.
Please stay safe.
Chris

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:18 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · I need a drink

Thanks for everyone's well wishes...it is very windy but less rain then I expected. As it is now dark, it is pretty scary not being able to see what's going on. We have had a couple of momentary power loses but so far so good....the devastation along the coast is so horrible and there is more to come overnight. If you have seen images of Atlantic City and some of the New Jersey shore towns they are devastated and may not recover for quite some time. Once it hits NYC there is the risk of salt water entering the subway system and knocking some of the lines out.....Bridges and tunnels are closed, power is being turned off to some buildings in lower Manhattan and there is a crane dangling from a 75 story building....a potential disaster if it falls and the steam and gas lines are still on...a major explosion could occur....a disaster movie couldn't have written a worse story.
Fingers crossed that all stay safe.
Eric

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:34 PM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · I need a drink

I hope you weather the storm well Eric, (no pun intended, but I'll take it anyway ). Your kitty is looking very good ~ Ron

Oct 29, 2012 at 06:34 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · I need a drink

very nice .. stay safe Eric

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:22 PM
lhdvries
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · I need a drink

Excellent Image-hope you are safe & dry now!
Leon

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:34 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · I need a drink

They have de-energized lower Manhattan. It is very windy hear in Queens and my house is shaking, nothing new for us during storms like this and we know we are safe yet it's unnerving listing to branches crack as the house shakes. There are power outages near where I live though we should be OK as we have underground power. Communications is above ground so I might need to go up on one of my cell modems.

Good luck everyone,

Morris

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:59 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · I need a drink

We've had intermittent power outages but for now still have power. However, a large branch or tree (too dark to tell) crashed down and is lying on the back deck/house/roof but didn't breach the roof structure. Branches are literally abutting a large picture window that looks out from our bedroom to the backyard. I can't wait until morning light....I will try to get some photos if it is safe to venture outside.
This it one crazy night!
Eric

Oct 29, 2012 at 09:17 PM
dorian
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · I need a drink

we survived here in boston, but my mom in philly has several HUGE trees come crashing down in her yard, just missing the house. will be interesting when the sun comes up! the shot it really nice eric, a peaceful moment for the big cat!

dorian

Oct 29, 2012 at 09:33 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.