Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

awacs
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

A few from two games this weekend, girls U16. If you would be so kind as to offer C&C I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again!

Aram

1)

2)

3)

4)

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:39 AM
awacs
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

More. First is from the same game as above (our team = blue). The remainder are from the second game, where our girls wore white.

5)

6)

7)

8)

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:41 AM
awacs
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

Last 2.

9)

10) Is this type of shot too contrasty and shadowy? (You'll point out its other flaws, I'm sure! :) )

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:43 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

rddayton
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

Aram, you describe yourself as a "hack photograper" in your profile. That is a little harsh. You are hardly a hack.

Here's what I see....a lot of variation in your lighting. I know these posted shots come from different games -- but look closely at the shots where the girls are wearing blue (Game 1.) Look how different the lighting (and therefore colors) are in 1, 2 & 4. Two is obviously backlit and that presents a challenge. It can be handled, but it means changing your exposure compensation to get the right exposure/skintone for the player (think you are really close to nailing that backlit look in number 7.)

With that being said, I tend to shoot daytime soccer based on where the sun is. I want the sun on the players faces -- or at worst -- quartering them. It avoids the harsh shadows on the face and the extreme contrasts you got in number 10. Hope that helps. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk more.

Rick

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Gonzofan

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

I shoot #2 type photos - backlit - sun dropping lower near the end of the day. They are tricky but can give you some pretty neat effects. I like the little "fiddle-de-bits" that get accentuated by the sun. I wish I could get mine as sharp as yours.

Oct 31, 2012 at 04:34 PM
schlotz
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · U16 soccer, C&C appreciated

Actually pretty good shooting here Aram considering the tought lighting. Agree with Rick it looks like the compensation by the camera was spread over a range. Concentrating just on the last one, which I like, this is a tough catch given the sun angle, both white and dark uni's and the different skin tones. Trying to get it right in the camera would have required EC +2/3 to +1 at the risk of blowing out some of the white uni inorder to maintain detail in the darker areas. Its a choice, do it on site or try for something in the middle of the road and PP later. If you can't or don't want to shoot from a more favorable sun lit position, then its EC and/or PP.

Matt

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:54 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password