Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Color in PS vs finished files

rt007
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Color in PS vs finished files

Hello all.

I have a little problem with colors. When I edit a file in PS, I adsjust color, contrast etc to my taste and save this file to my harddrive.
When I now go to my harddrive and open this file in windows or finder on my mac, the image has much more color and are to saturated.
The files are converted to srgb before saved.

What should I do? Does any of you have a link to hos I should set up PS, color space etc.?

Thanks.

Oct 28, 2012 at 03:05 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Color in PS vs finished files

Wide gamut monitor? jpg opened in non color managed applications =saturated photos. If you do have a wide gamut monitor nothing is wrong with your system or your work flow.

Oct 28, 2012 at 03:52 PM
rt007
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Color in PS vs finished files

It is om my 24" Imac. So I should trust what I see in PS regarding prints?

Oct 28, 2012 at 06:09 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Color in PS vs finished files

rt007 wrote:
Hello all.

I have a little problem with colors. When I edit a file in PS, I adsjust color, contrast etc to my taste and save this file to my harddrive.
When I now go to my harddrive and open this file in windows or finder on my mac, the image has much more color and are to saturated.
The files are converted to srgb before saved.

What should I do? Does any of you have a link to hos I should set up PS, color space etc.?

Thanks.

In Photoshop, use Save for Web under File menu. If that fixes the problem, it means your default working color space for RGB is something other than sRGB in Photoshop. You need to convert the profile to sRGB before you save to a jpeg file in the future.

Oct 28, 2012 at 06:19 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password