Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Scott Sewell
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Here are a few images from yesterday's game between the Texas Tech Red Raiders and the Kansas State Wildcats in Manhattan, Kan. Kansas State won the game, 55-24, and moved to 8-0 on the season. Likely to be the #2 B(c)S team in the country later today.

Thanks for looking.

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:10 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Four more.

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:12 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Last three.

And here is the entire "take" from the game.

#9 - Collin Klein leads the Heisman race at this point in the season.

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:14 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Nice set Scott.

Oct 28, 2012 at 07:59 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Thanks Caleb.

Oct 29, 2012 at 04:58 AM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Hey, Scott, are they heading for the #1 ranking in that first shot? Damn, what a season so far. Strong set. Kinda nice to see eyes (just about) in every shot. Love #10, though I can't for the life of me imagine how it came about. Freaky.

Oct 29, 2012 at 05:04 AM
rddayton
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

I know you are the official photographer of the band. That credential must allow you to shoot from ANYWHERE on the field you want. I love the way so many of your images make me feel like I am playing linebacker or safety. It's like being IN the game -- not just AT the game. Thanks for sharing a little Wildcat Love.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

P Alesse
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Great set Scott. Really like #5. EMAW!

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:21 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Another great set. Love how excited this program is and how well you represented it in this set of shots. Wish the HS I shot for was as worked up for every game!

Oct 29, 2012 at 01:29 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Thanks guys.

Yea, it's been a good season so far. Just have to keep taking it one game at a time and see how this all shakes out. As you well know, Russ, the higher ranking, the more interest in the games (and images!). The sidelines Saturday were the busiest they've been all season, and I'm sure it will continue as this week's game is in the 7 p.m. (Central) time slot on ABC.

Rick, I do have the freedom to go pretty much anywhere on the field I want when the band is performing. With a band that's pushing 400 members it's tough to cover the entire field, but I try to get out of the field during pre-game (when the performance is the same every week), and then use the 400 to shoot from the sidelines during their halftime performances. Rule number one is to make sure I don't get run over by someone in the band!! Hasn't happened yet, but I've had a few close calls.

Oct 29, 2012 at 03:10 PM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

I'd love to see some of the band. What camera and lenses do you use for this? B

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:06 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

blutch, at these games I always have a 400/f2.8, 70-200/f2.8, 24-70/f2.8 and a 15/f2.8. Sometimes I'll also bring along the 120-300/f2.8, but not all the time. Generally, the 400 gets the most work for action. With the band I'll shoot pregame with the 70-200 and 24-70, then use the 400 for most of the halftime. Since pre-game is the same each time I go all over the field to shoot the band up-close, but since I don't always know how they'll move for their halftime show (they do a different one each game), I tend to stay closer to the sideline with the 400.

And you won't have to ask me twice to post a few band images. Here are three more.

Oct 31, 2012 at 03:12 AM
blutch
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Football - Texas Tech at Kansas State

Those are great! One of my best friends is the chair of the Music department. I also have a grad student studying with me now who just graduated from K-state last year. Great music school!! B

Oct 31, 2012 at 03:15 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password