Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · On camera flash in cooperation with OCF?

StowePhoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · On camera flash in cooperation with OCF?

I apologize if I haven't looked hard enough for the answer to my question.

I have just picked up my first set of wireless transmitter/receivers (Radio Popper JrX with cubes and 3 580EXII's) am trying to learn the best techniques for the different scenarios I plan to use this equipment in.

If lighting a reception dance floor I also would need my on-camera flash to provide fill flash in coordination with the speedlight's on their stands. I am looking how others have done this using the system I have.

Are there any additional pieces of equipment I will need to pick up to make this work?

Any one have pictures of how you set this up?

Thank you!

Oct 27, 2012 at 08:01 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · On camera flash in cooperation with OCF?

StowePhoto wrote:
...If lighting a reception dance floor I also would need my on-camera flash to provide fill flash in coordination with the speedlight's on their stands. ...Are there any additional pieces of equipment I will need to pick up to make this work?

Since the JrX transmitter doesn't have a pass-through hot shoe, if you want on-camera flash you would need a PX transmitter to attach to the head of one of the Speedlites, which you would then mount on the camera (or better yet, on a flash bracket, connected to the camera via an ETTL cord).

The JrX receivers are compatible with both JrX and PX transmitters.

If, however, by "on-camera flash" you mean a built-in flash, I have seen a stand-off bracket made by the Pocket Wizard folk that allow you to use the pop-up flash and a PW transmitter at the same time, but I have no experience with that.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:49 AM
Greggbhill
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · On camera flash in cooperation with OCF?

StowePhoto wrote:
I apologize if I haven't looked hard enough for the answer to my question.

I have just picked up my first set of wireless transmitter/receivers (Radio Popper JrX with cubes and 3 580EXII's) am trying to learn the best techniques for the different scenarios I plan to use this equipment in.

If lighting a reception dance floor I also would need my on-camera flash to provide fill flash in coordination with the speedlight's on their stands. I am looking how others have done this using the system I have.

Are there any additional pieces of equipment I will need to pick up
...Show more

I use strobes for OCF and trigger wih Phottix strato ii - with 600ex on strato transmitter (bounce/fill)
One thing you might consider is a CP-E4 for each 580ex to reduce the recycle time - I use one with my 600ex to help it keep up with the strobe recycle times - especially after shooting a while

Oct 30, 2012 at 06:20 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password