Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Playoff football, week 1

don mash
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Playoff football, week 1

Here are some images from last nights game. Finally a decent lit field. I shot with the X with a 300 2.8 at ISO 8000 shutter at 1/1000

don mash 2012

Series of a fantastic catch and TD

don mash 2012

Flying catch

Lowest PAT block I have ever seen

Edited on Oct 28, 2012 at 04:51 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:24 PM
HawksFan66
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Playoff football, week 1

Nice!

Oct 27, 2012 at 08:52 PM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Playoff football, week 1

Don....your exposures look good but I think I'd like to see a tighter crop on #2. The players on the right don't add anything there.

On the last shot....nice timing but no faces. Also when shooting cross field like this (and I normally try to avoid it)....the play tends to blend in with the BG.

You seem to have the DX dialed in pretty nice...your blacks and whites are right on along with your other colors.

On the first shot....the pics are pretty small but looks like you captured the play quite nice.

Oct 27, 2012 at 09:32 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mikepmcs
• •
p.1 #4 · Playoff football, week 1

I'd really like to see number one bigger. Nice series. I think what really got me was the fact that through all 12 shots, there appears to be no color balance issue from one shot to the next. Awesome!
Really nice grab on the block as well.

Oct 28, 2012 at 01:42 AM
jmcaverly
• • •
p.1 #5 · Playoff football, week 1

Nice group of photos. The series is great.

Oct 28, 2012 at 03:46 AM
don mash
• •
p.1 #6 · Playoff football, week 1

Frank Lauri wrote:
Don....your exposures look good but I think I'd like to see a tighter crop on #2. The players on the right don't add anything there.

On the last shot....nice timing but no faces. Also when shooting cross field like this (and I normally try to avoid it)....the play tends to blend in with the BG.

You seem to have the DX dialed in pretty nice...your blacks and whites are right on along with your other colors.

On the first shot....the pics are pretty small but looks like you captured the play quite nice.

Frank,

I appreciate you C/C yes I will crop #2 it was out of the camera, so I have tightened it up. In reference to the last shot, normally like you state I don't shoot across the field for the reasons that you state. In full disclosure it is my son and it was the catch that kept the drive alive on a 3rd and 23.

The fist shot I did simply for the parents. This catch was so fantastic this was the only way that I figured it could capture the event.

thanks for the insight.

don

Oct 28, 2012 at 04:49 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password