Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

MS PHOTO
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

What kind of gloves do you use when shooting outside in bad weather, I would like some kind of glove that would be able to keep hand warm & dry, but be able to grip the camera and work controls. Any help would be helpful.
Thanks

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Marty Bingham
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Something like these will do the job.
http://tinyurl.com/9ebswye

Marty

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:41 PM
broncoholic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Here is what I am looking at;

http://www.freehands.com/

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:51 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Good stuff

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:51 PM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

I use a combo of a thin glove, and then a similar to what Marty posted where I can keep my thumb and index finger out so I can shoot, but also cover it when needed!

A good thing to look for is shooters gloves. They are generally good for all types of "shooting" including photography!

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:59 PM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

I prefer wide receiver gloves similar to these. Mine are several years old, but I really like the tack these kinds of gloves provide over most other gloves, especially the wool.

Many times when the weather is bad enough I need to wear gloves it's also rainy, snowy and wet, and the tack of these gloves helps with gripping gear. Plus, there's enough feel to them that I can work with all the buttons on the camera.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:01 PM
kateman
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Have to +1 Mr. Sewells' suggestion. I use gloves for hands-on work sold at Lowes' and/or Home Depot. They have very good tack and allow button operation on the bodies that i use. If it looks like that it is going to be SO cold, the i add fingerless wool climbers gloves over the others.
B

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:19 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Gorilla Gloves, cheap at Home Depot (3 pr for 9.99) You can pick up a dime with 'em...
if it gets REAL cold, I'll put over a pair of mechanics fingerless.

Oct 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Similar to Scott's suggestion, I've used both light cotton gloves where the index finger had been worn for fine shutter control and also Under Armor gloves. I don't think the ones I used in the past are sold anymore but they are the same idea as Scott's WR gloves.

Oct 30, 2012 at 05:07 PM
Mark Peters
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Rawlings batters gloves. Good grip - cut the wind well - just don't let them get wet. Before that I used some thin ski glove inserts.

Oct 31, 2012 at 05:35 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Deborah Kolt
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

I use a pair of football lineman's gloves given to me by my son who got tired of listening to me complain about cold fingers. The palm and fingers have the tacky surface so there is no issue holding and operating the camera. Lineman gloves have more rather more padding than some others, so they work well in all but the most extreme cold. It might have been different had he been a receiver....

In early fall, I tend to use Ętre Touchy gloves, which are a soft knit and have no tips on the thumb and forefinger. Made in the UK, I think. They're sold online.

Oct 31, 2012 at 09:20 PM
bl4scott

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Coscto had a pair of running gloves that worked well. Some of the finger tips are sensitive for use smart phones. Around $15.00 if I remember correctly.

Nov 01, 2012 at 04:31 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

I use a pair of baseball batting gloves, fairly thin so I can still feel the camera controls, keep fingers protected from the wind and just enough tack that they don't feel slippery.

Nov 01, 2012 at 04:56 PM
rrxjon
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Gorilla Gloves, cheap at Home Depot (3 pr for 9.99) You can pick up a dime with 'em...
if it gets REAL cold, I'll put over a pair of mechanics fingerless.

This.

Nov 01, 2012 at 05:30 PM
capdap

p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Try Mechanix Wear, they have cold weather as well as tactical gloves with a free trigger finger. Great gloves.

Nov 01, 2012 at 11:50 PM
rdalrt
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

capdap wrote:
Try Mechanix Wear, they have cold weather as well as tactical gloves with a free trigger finger. Great gloves.

+1

I use the Mechanix Fast Fit gloves. No problems operating camera with them and they are good down to around the freezing mark for warmth.

Nov 02, 2012 at 02:34 AM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

I've tried a bunch in the past, one of my favorites were tactical gloves from Under Armour which they no longer sell. The set I am wearing now are SmartTouch from Isotoner. They are lightweight but still keep you warm and have just enough of those grippy things on the fingers and palm to not be annoying.

Nov 02, 2012 at 03:15 PM
Carl Auer
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Three thoughts.
1. Whatever keeps your hands warm.
2. Whatever lets you keep shooting.
3. What sheds snow/water.

I love my fleece gloves, but will not use them when I shoot. If I slip on ice, or fall when getting out of the way for a out of control football player, or sit on the ground to shoot and put my hand down in snow, fleece, wool, and any other soft material like that can pick up snow and then it is tough to get off and now your lens, camera, everything will get snow on them, and moisture in winter is bad.

Lowepro use to make a cold weather shooting glove which were made of lycra and were warm, and allowed most snow to fall off of them, but if they got wet, they sucked. I use a pair of neoprene cross country ski gloves I found at REI. I can shoot with them on, but I usually use one on my left hand all the time, and slip the right one off when I shoot, then between plays or as I am moving from one end of the field to the other, I will slip it on.

For colder weather, I like light weight gloves, like wide receiver gloves or mechanics gloves under a ski mitten with hand warmers packed into the mitten. If you can find a non fleece convertible mitten (that has fingerless glove underneath) grab them and pack hand warmers in the mitten part. That is what I would use in -20 degree shooting conditions.

Nov 02, 2012 at 03:31 PM
MS PHOTO
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

Well, I looked at everyone ideas for gloves for outdoor shooting and I found a pair of cold gear gloves made by Under Amour, they are tight fitting and have good grip & best of all they were only $15.00. Thanks everyone one for your ideas.
Paul

Nov 05, 2012 at 01:14 AM
rayross
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Gloves for outdoor shooting?????

I use archers gloves, they are designed to do exactly whatwe need.

Nov 20, 2012 at 03:45 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password