Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

tyasa81
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

trying to use google plus as the image storage please let me know if there's a problem (like sizes going wonky or pictures can't be seen)... i'll try to get the 800 image sizes here..

anyway, i registered my daughter to a gymnast class for toddlers thinking her energy is better spent on more productive stuff... i actually thought this would lessen her monkey acts at home, but i think it back fired on me...but the good thing is, she's actually getting pretty good at this considering her age...

the gym is lit with all sort of wonky colors, including the sun through 2 layers of large window, fluorescence and incandescence bulb and i'm using iso 5000 up on a d7k... hence the b&w conversion... and it's packed that day since it's the only day where parents can bring a camera into class to watch their babies perform..

thanx for looking... c&c appreciated...

Oct 27, 2012 at 09:52 AM
tyasa81
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

guys, can someone give a confirmation that the photos can actually be seen? this is my first time trying to use google plus as to where i store the photos.. and i've had issues before, from another site, of ppl not being able to see the photos eventhough i myself could... thank you..

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:18 PM
neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

I can see them and I am loving them. I dig the high ISO 'grain' and your conversions are very nice. I really like some of the framing in these, like 16 for example. I've seen you do this a lot and think it's great. I also really dig the inclusion of the wording in 7. There are a couple that I thought might be nice a little wider, if you had a lens that could do it. Take for example #3, I'd like it horizontal and including her instructor and maybe 10, really wide showing all of the wording in the back?

I also like that you're in Indonesia and still use the word wonky ;-)

--David

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:35 PM
mjohns

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

yes, the photos are visible, nice capture

Edited on Oct 27, 2012 at 06:06 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:35 PM
tyasa81
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

Hi david, thank you for the feedback! Now you got me thinking what's wrong with word "wonky".. Is it that weird?

Yeah I get what you mean by #3 and #10.. I was too caught up waiting for her to release her instructor hand for #3 as she usually doesn't need guidance, but she didn't for the whole length of the beam.. So I got caught off guard with a floating arm out of no where.. #10 is no excuse though.. Honestly I didn't notice all the writing behind her at that time

Mjohn.. Thank you for the confirmation.. Glad I can use this google plus for unlimited storage now..

Oct 27, 2012 at 05:47 PM

neighbourboy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

tyasa81 wrote:
! Now you got me thinking what's wrong with word "wonky".. Is it that weird?

Heh heh, nope I use it all the time.

Oct 27, 2012 at 06:24 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

Nice....shallower DOF would have been nice but I am a shallow DOF junkie.

Iron sharpens iron

Oct 27, 2012 at 07:54 PM
tyasa81
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

David, glad you do..

Michaelparris, thank you... i was actually shooting these at f2-f2.2 range... could've gone to f1.4 but i guess i was afraid the af not being able to keep up with some of the action shots in relatively low light... i do wish for some less dof in though as i'm a bokeh junkie as well

Oct 28, 2012 at 02:18 AM
Ana Reyes
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM
tyasa81
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 2 year old gymnastics... c&c welcome

thanx ana, you're too

Oct 29, 2012 at 07:03 AM