Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

MakoShark
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Well I thought I would post another few shots for some C&C. I really appreciate your thoughts and comments! Hope everybody has a great weekend shooting!

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:12 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

A few more

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:13 PM
Russ Isabella
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

It's hard for me to get past the green/yellow cast to all of these shots. First time through, that's all that I could see. It almost seems like you shot these through a filter of some kind. So I'd encourage you to make some WB adjustments. Given the consistency of what's 'off' about the color in these shots, I'd be optimistic about the potential for improvement.

Looking back at what you've captured, I find that #1 is your strongest shot, with 4 and 5 having some potential. I don't see anything in #s 2, 6 or 7 to warrant posting, and while #3 is a good capture of a stiff-arm, for me, the angle isn't right. With #4, the hope would be there was a moment before or after when he looked your way, in which case you'd have a nice, isolation stock-type shot. As for #5, looks like something better might have been about to happen, and again, to my eyes (others may and will see it differently), the only chance this particular moment has would be to crop away all but the ball carrier. I don't think that will make for a very strong image, but I do think it will be stronger than the image as you've posted it.

All of this is subjective. I'm just looking at your images the way I would look at my own. Hope it helps.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:08 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Thanks Russ. Much appreciated. I will go back and work on the white balance overall. May be time for a better monitor. I also appreciate the comments on the shots and comp overall.

Have a great day.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:17 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

another shot at the white balance per Russ's comments.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:41 PM
Grantland
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

i did a quick WB adjustment.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM
gschlact
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Mako,
I assume Grant used something like LIghtroom, with 1 click on the uni-pants . You adjustment as you can see is significantly hue'ed. What approach did you use?

Guy

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Grant many thanks! I am still learning and yes I finally found the eye dropper in LR4 for WB selection. I have been trying to learn as much as I can about post processing thanks for the edit.

Guy. I have a poor monitor and looking back most of my sports shots are suffering this fate. I am also using a camera neutral setting on import instead of the usual adobe profile setting. I think that was one major problem I didn't realize was happening. So I was over compensating then add a crappy monitor and I never had a chance.

I just got home from shooing freshman game. I will post a few tomorrow and see what you guys think.

I can't thank folks enough for helping. I am appreciative.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM
DennisC
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Lanier Longhorns? Sugar Hill? I'm in Marietta and at first thought these were the Kell Longhorns

Nice shooting, but, yeah, the color.

Is your camera set to sRGB or Adobe RGB?

On my monitor, the orange is somewhat dull. It's not as bright as the orange on the Lanier Longhorns website.

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:40 AM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Dennis yes. I appreciate your comments.

Cam is set to sRGB.

I am glad you brought up their color Orange. Its bright... so bright it sometimes causes havoc on some shots. Night time isnt as bad. Now that our grass has pretty much gone dormant the lush green fields are gone.

All the walls and back retaining walls in some pics I have posted in the past really pop. However their jerseys seem to have weathered a bit from a whole season and i can see a change in color on them alone from wear.

Thanks for checking them out. Much appreciated and as mentioned I am still working and trying to learn my post steps for this type work. I think a proper monitor is my next early xmas present!!!

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
DennisC
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

Maybe some of the color experts will chime in, but instead of a new monitor, have you calibrated your current monitor?

Good looking website, also!

Oct 26, 2012 at 01:55 PM
MakoShark
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

DennisC wrote:
Maybe some of the color experts will chime in, but instead of a new monitor, have you calibrated your current monitor?

Good looking website, also!

Not sure this Laptop can be calibrated (HP)

Thanks for checking out my site. Now that I look at it I will be fixing the opening image!

Thanks again

Edited*** It CAN be calibrated! Guess its time to buy a calibration tool!

Oct 26, 2012 at 02:03 PM
DennisC
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · HS Football - Would appreciate C&C

MakoShark wrote
:
...It CAN be calibrated!...

Yay!

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:07 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register