Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station ...

michaelwatkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station to be released in 2013

Hopefully Sigma prices it right, and that the tuning difference offers substantial enough benefit to warrant purchasing one.

If they make it effective enough and cheap enough such that even those with one supported lens are willing to purchase one, then the USB update feature becomes a useful competitive differentiator.

Jan 25, 2013 at 06:02 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station to be released in 2013

If only it had a red dot, a fancy German name or priced higher I would've bought it and raved about it, but until then that's not happening

Jan 25, 2013 at 07:15 PM
michaelwatkins
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station to be released in 2013

Ok, deal. For 500 Euros, payable now, with delivery sometime in the distant future, I'll sell you das Sigma Konfiguration-Basis für die Anpassung der Sigma-Objektive and I'll paint two red dots on it for you at no extra charge.

(I also offer my sincere apologies to the German language)

Edited on Jan 25, 2013 at 08:46 PM · View previous versions

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

James R
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station to be released in 2013

Before we all get too excited, wait for this to get in the hands of photographers. We'll see if it really works great, or has flaws, or gives unpredictable results. Conceptually, they processed managed their service department and found a way to reduce service requests by putting adjustments back on the consumer. Nikon and Canon do it by producing lenses to higher build toerlerances and allow for micro adjustment in-camera. Since Sigma can't glum onto the in-camera micro adjustments, it had to do something. Hopefully they continue to improve their build quality. Unfortunately, improvements mean higher prices, which many photogs have an aversion to.

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:46 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station to be released in 2013

oh, it will work and do exactly as it is told to do the biggest "flaw" will be the end user. no it is not designed as a replacement for proper adjustment. it is a customization tool.

Jan 25, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Sigma Calibration Pro Software/USB lens docking station to be released in 2013

BenV wrote:
to say Nikon won't lose sales to Sigma or other 3rd parties is just crazy. The second people choose to buy the Sigma, Nikon just lost sales. People do know they exist. When they walk into a Bestbuy to purchase their new camera, they have a few 3rd party lenses on display.

Indeed, I bought the 85mm f/1.4 over the nikon version and will buy the 35mm f/1.4 over the nikon version too as have others. The 50mm 1.4 is the same for many.

Jan 26, 2013 at 02:06 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password