Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Carly

bbourizk
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Carly

A few to share with you from a recent shoot with Carly

Oct 25, 2012 at 03:29 PM
squareeyez
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Carly

Hottie. I'm sorry, you did not directly ask for comments but that's what happens here usually and I think most appreciate the different perspectives. Think you could do something about the impression marks from her jeans that shows on her left hip area in #8, though. Tight pants. #10 tilts a wee bit to the right and her dress bunches up around the back strap of her bra; seems that could be smoothed up a bit for a nicer effect. This is a nice lot of photos; I enjoyed them.

Oct 25, 2012 at 04:24 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Carly

squareeyez wrote:
Hottie. I'm sorry, you did not directly ask for comments but that's what happens here usually and I think most appreciate the different perspectives. Think you could do something about the impression marks from her jeans that shows on her left hip area in #8, though. Tight pants. #10 tilts a wee bit to the right and her dress bunches up around the back strap of her bra; seems that could be smoothed up a bit for a nicer effect. This is a nice lot of photos; I enjoyed them.

Hey thanks for taking the time to comment
Critique is always welcome, whether i ask for it or not.

Glad you enjoyed the photos, I see the areas your talking about and wondered if i should fix them or not and then decided to leave them alone. Will give it a try and see if they look better

Thanks again
Bud

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM
merv.carr
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Carly

I was going to comment on individual pics but they are all lovely. #4 through #8 are exceptional in my opinion.

Oct 26, 2012 at 03:42 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Carly

These are nice, I'd like to see a bit more control of the hair, though. Really diggin 10.

Oct 26, 2012 at 04:48 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Carly

merv.carr wrote:
I was going to comment on individual pics but they are all lovely. #4 through #8 are exceptional in my opinion.

Thanks Merv
appreciate you having a look and taking the time to comment.
Regards
Bud

Oct 27, 2012 at 06:43 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Carly

jfinite wrote:
These are nice, I'd like to see a bit more control of the hair, though. Really diggin 10.

Thanks for having a look again mate

Another from the same location as 10 was shot
The light was harsh as the sun popped out but i like the pose and My little town shoeing behind her

Thanks again
Bud

Oct 27, 2012 at 06:46 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Carly

First impression for me was very positive. When I scrolled to #2, the big difference in skin and hair colour hit me hard. #2 is the "off" colour to my eye. A white balance change should do it.

I like the simplicity of the last shot, but #4, #6 and #7 are my pics. Nice work!

Oct 27, 2012 at 06:47 AM

bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Carly

Jim Rickards wrote:
First impression for me was very positive. When I scrolled to #2, the big difference in skin and hair colour hit me hard. #2 is the "off" colour to my eye. A white balance change should do it.

I like the simplicity of the last shot, but #4, #6 and #7 are my pics. Nice work!

Jim

I have 2 edited like the first and do all my edits without major color issues etc. Some shots just appeal to me more and I usually have a play with them, he only thing that was added was a filter in PS to give it a green cast. I post them occasionally to see what others think of them.

Thanks for dropping by
Bud

Oct 27, 2012 at 09:50 AM
no_surrender
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Carly

+1 on the hair control. I would have liked to have seen #10 with the chair positioned a few more feet camera left. Overall, nice set!

Kevin

Oct 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Carly

no_surrender wrote:
+1 on the hair control. I would have liked to have seen #10 with the chair positioned a few more feet camera left. Overall, nice set!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin
Now that it's been mentioned the hair is certainly in her face.

Regards
Bud

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:02 PM
Dudewithoutape
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Carly

I can see how 1 and 2 seem like there is some color variance; 2 looks too "green" to me. I really liked the variety of PP and color in the shots. Beautiful model and fantastic pics.

Oct 31, 2012 at 06:43 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Carly

Dudewithoutape wrote:
I can see how 1 and 2 seem like there is some color variance; 2 looks too "green" to me. I really liked the variety of PP and color in the shots. Beautiful model and fantastic pics.

Thanks Dude

The green color cast doesn't seem too popular.
I will deliver both a normal edit and the green edit just for variety.
Regards
Bud

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:38 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Carly

Bud, nice series here! I liked quite a few of them, but none stood out as a favorite. Maybe No. 6. I really liked her body positions in this series. There were lines in her body, as opposed to standing there stiffly looking at the camera. Composition was a bit centered as a group, but you had lots of lines to give it balance.

A few nits, other than the aforementioned hair. On 4, I'm curious how you processed the eyes. It looks like it had a different post-process than her face. Or maybe it's all a little oversharpened. I know flickr does that to my pictures before I post them here. Really, my only other nit would be No. 10. In my opinion, you were shooting in the wrong direction of the sky. If you shot in the opposite direction, you would get the deep rich blues, pretty much like you got in that picture you added in a later post of her on the couch. But if you had gotten the deep rich blue sky, nice texture in the clouds, and then nailed the lighting on the girl, that shot (10) would have been totally a game-winner. But that's just my vision. I think a lot of people thought it was a game-winner as is. Nice job!

Oct 31, 2012 at 02:03 PM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Carly

friscoron wrote:
Bud, nice series here! I liked quite a few of them, but none stood out as a favorite. Maybe No. 6. I really liked her body positions in this series. There were lines in her body, as opposed to standing there stiffly looking at the camera. Composition was a bit centered as a group, but you had lots of lines to give it balance.

A few nits, other than the aforementioned hair. On 4, I'm curious how you processed the eyes. It looks like it had a different post-process than her face. Or maybe it's all a little oversharpened. I know
...Show more

Ron
Thanks for having a look mate.
In regards to 4 I did saturate the eyes a little in PS just using the sponge tool at about 20%
I also add to most head shots a bit of local contrast using the unsharp mask at settings of 15 255 0
Then i add a levels layer and brighten the effect a little by moving the middle slider to the left a range of 1.00 to 1.20. I really like the way it makes my portraits pop. These days i hardly apply any sharpening the Nikon d800 produces plenty of detailed shots. Having said that i do have a little action that i made up that i rezise and sharpen for the web, but all the photos have that run on them.

With 10 the shots are both shot facing the same way the second i posted was a little further down the slope, I can always darken the sky a little to make it a darker blue and from memory the light was harsh in the second image and had to tone down highlights which contributed to the darker sky too...Here's a wider shot from the same location as 10

Thanks again for taking a look

Bud

Nov 01, 2012 at 02:46 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password