Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

They now have the five seat license upgrade available - $239 and if you're in the U.S. you can use the discount code DT3535 to get ten percent off that. I can live with that.

Oct 26, 2012 at 09:24 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Q: Do I use C1Pro all the time for my conversion needs?
A: No.

Q: Does it justify to pay $300 for my occasional need of it?
A: No.

I just download the 60-day version when I do need it.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:13 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

If you get it during one of their discount promotions it will only cost half of that, and upgrade between versions is then $99. I think it is well worth the money at that price.

Oct 27, 2012 at 03:40 AM
gabimaster
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I don't think it will have a NR as good as LR 4 has. In fact, I think LR4 is the best Raw converter (at least for me ).

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

gabimaster wrote:
I don't think it will have a NR as good as LR 4 has. In fact, I think LR4 is the best Raw converter (at least for me ).

except for color.

Oct 30, 2012 at 01:32 PM
user222
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I downloaded and started a trial version of v7 (I haven't used this software before.) I took two images, put them both through Capture One and ACR with default settings.

I showed both pairs of images to my wife, and asked her which one she would choose to print and put on the wall. In both cases she chose the Capture One image.

I think I'm going to have to take the time to learn this software.

Dec 12, 2012 at 01:35 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I always preferred the colour and default contrast curve from C1, especially for portraits

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM
acoll123
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I import my raw files (from 1D4 and 5D3) directly into aperture. Would I see a big difference using this software?

Thanks,

Andy

Dec 19, 2012 at 01:57 PM
acoll123
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I import my raw files (from 1D4 and 5D3) directly into aperture. Would I see a big difference using this software?

Thanks,

Andy

Dec 19, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Peter Figen
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

"I import my raw files (from 1D4 and 5D3) directly into aperture. Would I see a big difference using this software?"

Phase has a generous 60 day trial on v7. Download it and try it out. Decide for yourself. Don't rely on a bunch of people whose work bears little or no relation to your own. I use C1 virtually every day for both tethering to laptops on location and for super efficient processing of large numbers of raw files.

Dec 19, 2012 at 02:41 PM
acoll123
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Peter Figen wrote:
"I import my raw files (from 1D4 and 5D3) directly into aperture. Would I see a big difference using this software?"

Phase has a generous 60 day trial on v7. Download it and try it out. Decide for yourself. Don't rely on a bunch of people whose work bears little or no relation to your own. I use C1 virtually every day for both tethering to laptops on location and for super efficient processing of large numbers of raw files.

Will do - Thanks.

Dec 19, 2012 at 03:45 PM
pjny
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Holy sheet. My wife said the same thing based on multiple sets of images from LR 4.3 and C1 7.1. In fact, she said the LR 4.3 photo was "lifeless". I just photographed a huge blaze of a commerical building and the RAWs from the D4 look like they were shot with a different camera when put up side by side.

The D4 looks like crap with the existing LR profiles. I've already spent about $40 on Huelight profiles and another download that supposedly give better D4 profiles similar to D3 beta v4 profiles.

I did notice colors were very similar in LR and C1 when I used the Colorchecker passport for some food photos but I cannot use the colorchecker passport for the vast amount of breaking news events I shoot.

I have it down to $249 as an upgrade from LE. I know there have been 10-30% off vouchers in the past. Any current ones available? Thanks.

user222 wrote:
I downloaded and started a trial version of v7 (I haven't used this software before.) I took two images, put them both through Capture One and ACR with default settings.

I showed both pairs of images to my wife, and asked her which one she would choose to print and put on the wall. In both cases she chose the Capture One image.

I think I'm going to have to take the time to learn this software.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.