Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

shaunmlavery
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Phase just announced capture one pro 7. Here is the press release, http://www.phaseone.com/Imaging-Software/Capture-One-7.aspx?utm_source=Apsis&utm_medium=Software_eblast&utm_content=About_CO&utm_campaign=w43_COP7_launch.

I have been a beta tester for the past month or two and it is much improved! Things on the list...

Clairty has two sliders that gives you great control
Sessions and a new catalog feature. It looks like media pro
Overall image enhancement. they simply look better immediately!
Liveview for DSLR.
Noise reduction imporved as well

There are various other features, such as refined preview speed and size, and a host of other things. Everytime I went back to Capture One 6 to get some work done, it just felt old! This upgrade is amazing!

Oct 25, 2012 at 01:31 PM
IsleofGough

p.1 #2 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

After four or five days when it finishes downloading, I should be much better off than currently with C1Pro 6. Note: speed tests show my internet connection is fast. I guess Capture one servers were not ready for their sales.

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:35 PM
Snead
• •
p.1 #3 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I've noticed an improvement images over the same images processed in Pro 6. So far I don't like the new Library system as I have my own way of filing images. There is a bit of a learning curve so I might change my mind when I get to know it better.

It also has lens correction for the Canon G1x that was not available in Pro 6. Noise is handled much better than Noise Ninja that was my standard before. If you already have Pro 6 it's well worth the $99 upgrade.

Oct 25, 2012 at 07:17 PM
shaunmlavery
• • •
p.1 #4 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Yes, it is well worth the upgrade! The lens correction, noise reduction, live view and just over all image improvement.

I tried downloading the Grand Master/Final Release and like you guys experienced, the servers were slow. I'll try again later.

Hopefully this Final Release has all the bugs shaken out and maybe the latest Canon SDK is in there for 1DX, 5Dii, 5Diii users. I haven't looked into it to see. I had issues with the latest version of Capture One 6 as well as some betas of 7 because canon screwed up with their SDK. I had to resort to image capture and hot folder. I'm still running 6.4.2 right now so I can get functionality on 10.8.2.

Can't wait to have the real deal on the mac.

Oct 25, 2012 at 08:56 PM
S Dilworth
• •
p.1 #5 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

What kind of improvement is there in the noise reduction? Lightroom 3 changed the game there, though I mostly use Aperture, which has very poor noise reduction.

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM
stanj
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I am downloading it at two places - at home, where I have 12 hours remaining (about halfway done), and at work (where we have fibre) where I have two days remaining. Is there any way to download it from a server that actually works?

Oct 26, 2012 at 04:10 AM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #7 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

S Dilworth wrote:
What kind of improvement is there in the noise reduction?

Huge. Whether you'll prefer it to Lightroom/ACR is a matter of personal taste and subject matter, but it is undeniably head and shoulders above the noise reduction in Capture One 6.

Oct 26, 2012 at 05:56 AM
stanj
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

... Apparently the trick is to use the EU download link and not the US one. Cute.

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:15 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Well, since the NR C16 sucked, anything will be a huge improvement. C1 has always been my first choice for raw processing, so I'm looking forward to trying this new version out. Looking forward at 3.4 kb per second right now.

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:18 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

stanj wrote:
... Apparently the trick is to use the EU download link and not the US one. Cute.

I had the same issue as you. What I did was I paused my download and then hit download again and it began to download much quicker. 15 minutes in total.

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:29 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

omfoto

p.1 #11 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I downloaded it yesterday evening, I'm in Europe so I had no problems. It's speed of RAW conversion is the same as v6 - 50 raw files from 5DII reduced to 50% in jpg 90% quality, using some adjustments in 4 minutes (I have I7 920 2.66GHZ), but still it doesn't use 100% of CPU - as I have described here : http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1159651

In introduction video it says that conversion is background process, I tried to switch windows priority from foreground tasks to background task but it didn't help. I know that it probably allows me to work on my computer while conversion is running, but I'm more interested in having it done fast.

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:09 AM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #12 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I downloaded yesterday morning and had no problems at all. C1Pro7 adds some great features, such as gradient mask and yes, you can invert masks now; but, the 7 process engine takes away some great stuff that C1Pro6 process engine renders better, for example, Clarity and High Dynamic Range tools produce much better results in C1Pro6. Here is another mirror download site: http://www.digitaltransitions.com/page/capture-one-pro

Oct 26, 2012 at 08:56 AM
IsleofGough

p.1 #13 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I actually much prefer the clarity in the newer version. The shadow/highlight controls are also much better. What was better for you about Clarity and HDR tools in the older version?

Oct 26, 2012 at 01:54 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #14 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

IsleofGough wrote:
I actually much prefer the clarity in the newer version. The shadow/highlight controls are also much better. What was better for you about Clarity and HDR tools in the older version?

Have you tried them on your own images?

Criticism on the New Clarity and Shadow Tool: http://youtu.be/rK3OHl3Lomg

Oct 26, 2012 at 06:43 PM
dennishh
• • •
p.1 #15 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

The you tube video is such crap, all this idiot does is show the tools at +100, like anyone would use that setting. If you use the tools properly to enhance the clarity just slightly the tools work extremely well. It amazes me that so many "experts" can find subtle ways to criticize just about anything.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Dan Bellyk
• • •
p.1 #16 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I agree, testing at 100% proves nothing it's the end result that matters.
I tried playing around with it last night and from what I see when using the shadow adjustment it seems to lighten the whole image as LR4 is not as bad.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #17 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

I tried tethering a 1DsIII to 7 on a MPB running 10.8 and it's a no go, so that part appears to be still a work in progress. Gotta keep 6.4.2 around for a while longer I guess.

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM
colinm
• • •
p.1 #18 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

Peter Figen wrote:
I tried tethering a 1DsIII to 7 on a MPB running 10.8 and it's a no go, so that part appears to be still a work in progress. Gotta keep 6.4.2 around for a while longer I guess.

Yeah, word is that Canon still hasn't released an updated SDK, half a month after releasing their own updates.

It's possible for users to transplant the newer SDK from EOS Utility into Capture One in the mean time, but that blissfully straightforward option's off limits for software developers.

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:11 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

C1 v7 does run on 10.6.8, which is where my main computer is staying for the time being and the 1DsIII tethers just fine to C1 v7 there.

I could not find the multi-seat license upgrade pricing on Phase's site, but at least there's 60 days to figure that stuff out.

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:24 AM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Capture One Pro 7 is Here!

dennishh wrote:
The you tube video is such crap, all this idiot does is show the tools at +100, like anyone would use that setting. If you use the tools properly to enhance the clarity just slightly the tools work extremely well. It amazes me that so many "experts" can find subtle ways to criticize just about anything.

The way to test anything's performance is to put it under some extreme conditions.

Oct 27, 2012 at 01:52 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password