Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

zalmyb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

A month or so back I took Zevi to the beach on a total last minute whim. I really have to do these things more often.

Photographically the beach is an awesome place. Though if I'd just go myself with a camera I fear I'd be considered a pervert...

Anyways, most of the time I spent my son in the water (so not many photos of that), but I did make sure to snap a few.

As always I'd love some C&C

Oh, and this is uncharacteristacly short. Just to make room for my next mega post (I have a few coming up )

11. Yeah, I know I cut off the bottom on these. For some reason I find myself doing that a lot. I wonder if i lift up the camera when I trip the shutter, or maybe I'm looking in the viewfinder wrong...

Thanks for looking!

Oct 25, 2012 at 01:54 AM
qwyjibo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

Good stuff Zalmy. 2 and 3 are my favorites here. I like the parallels between the people/towels and buildings in 7.
Dave

Edited on Oct 25, 2012 at 02:10 PM · View previous versions

Oct 25, 2012 at 06:34 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

Good times.

Oct 25, 2012 at 01:57 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

Hi,

My comments or suggestions below are not a criticism of you, your model, your talent or skill. I offer them in a friendly tone of voice and with the sole intent to help you with a second POV and set of eyes. If you read sincere questions and simple suggestions as "criticism" of you, then you will miss how I am trying to help you. All smilies I post are genuine and sincere.

Of course this may be your own "style" or your own "vision" and I suppose we can assume that the images look just like they do because that is exactly how you like them. That is OK too. It just shows that there are differences of "opinion" on what looks good. IF these are exactly what you want and like, then by all means continue making your images look like that and have fun doing it. As I always say: "Follow your own muse."

Quick Comments:

From my comments on your earlier mega posts, I hope you remember that I think you have made many fine photos of kids playing and having fun. Some were exemplary images!

Remember that.

From this set the only one I really like is image 3.

I think the others could use better framing/composition and moments.

Also, the POV seems about the same in many of them...(looking down on the back of a head) and I found that repetitive and lacking eye contact and so...not as interesting to view as other photos I have seen you post.

Also, if you were using a camera with a waist level finder, I think LOW POV would be a good thing to try for something more unusual to see.

I hope these honest and QUICK comments help you.

Oct 25, 2012 at 05:42 PM
zalmyb
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

thanks guys!

Steady, thanks for taking the time to comment. I actually love this set, but probably because of the memories it holds for me. My kids get annoyed if I spend too much time composing and shooting them (with good reason), so I get a lot from behind (doesn't annoy them as much) and most of the time I put the camera down.

Here I was especially wary of getting low because of the sand, but now that you mention it a lower angle probably would have been worth it.

I was using a good ole SLR (which does have a removable prism, so I could theoretically hold it at waistlevel...)

Oct 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

bcguy
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

#3 ROCKS! That one shot sums up the day. Great set over all. I'd be really pleased if I came home with this.

Oct 26, 2012 at 02:41 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

good stuff dude... nice.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

zalmyb wrote:
thanks guys!

Steady, thanks for taking the time to comment. I actually love this set, but probably because of the memories it holds for me. My kids get annoyed if I spend too much time composing and shooting them (with good reason), so I get a lot from behind (doesn't annoy them as much) and most of the time I put the camera down.

Here I was especially wary of getting low because of the sand, but now that you mention it a lower angle probably would have been worth it.

I was using a good ole SLR (which does have a removable
...Show more

Photos are always good for bringing back those good memories.

So, I understand.

Keep it fun.

I will send you a PM with some more suggestions on that.

Oct 26, 2012 at 03:43 PM
zalmyb
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Zevi @ the beach - FPJ

Thanks bcguy, I was pleased (and usually am... Kids are great that way, you always get some cute photos). And that shot is one of my favorites, I just love the look on his cute face.

Richard, what are you doing here! (and thanks )

Steady, you've mentioned before the remote. I do see myself using it in the future, but for sets like these it just seems too much (I just had a small camera with one lens that was sitting on the towel for most of the time while we played and dug a hole )

Nov 01, 2012 at 05:07 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password