Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2012 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D
  
 
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


I am posting this Topic or Discussion Topic to add some good natured HUMOR to this forum.

To start the discussion:

I just saw a scrolling ad that shows up on the People Forum....first time I have seen it....

Usually the ads show camera gear or something to sell related to photography...

This one looks like it is selling something else....

It features some buxom women and looks like something that might be NSFW.


It makes one wonder...."What's Next?"

Perhaps you have some ideas for future ads on FM. (The Humor)


______________________________

I posted this Discussion TOPIC because it seemed humorous to me. Really.

And, again, I see banner ads on FM People Forum for ALL KINDS OF STUFF I never search for or never look up or never Google or never have any interest in seeing. Perhaps you do too.

To keep the humor going...and to show you what I mean by humor.

In the same vein of good humor I originally saw (and what prompted me to post this topic)....

I asked "What's Next?"

Ads for Cat Litter and Invisible Fence (because there are so many pet photos on FM)

Ads for Senior Assisted Living (as there are so many "senior" postings on FM People Forum)

Ads for Depends (seniors again)

Ads for Tanning Beds (because of the number of "bikini" postings)

Ads for Cosmetic Surgery (because of the many posts about eliminating skin wrinkles and bags under eyes)

Ads for Anti-Acne-Creams (because of the posts asking about how to smooth skin and eliminate acne in photos).

Ads for Alternative Energy Sources...or Ads for Alternative Music or Bands (because of many posts on FM about "alternative equipment")
___________________

See my point?

THIS Topic/Discussion is intended to be humorous.

Let's keep it LIGHT and HUMOROUS folks.

I think a little humor is GOOD for a forum.

_______________

I edited this top post and the title (to include the word HUMOROUS) to include some explanations and examples so people understand this entire post was intended to be HUMOROUS.

Edited on Oct 26, 2012 at 04:32 PM · View previous versions



Oct 23, 2012 at 09:48 PM
mike717
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


I saw that too Steady, had to wait to see it scroll all the way down too!

Mike



Oct 23, 2012 at 09:55 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


mike717 wrote:
I saw that too Steady, had to wait to see it scroll all the way down too!

Mike




Makes me wonder what is next?



Oct 23, 2012 at 09:56 PM
jefferies1
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


My banned ads appear to follow what my Google search has been for. I assume they track my IP address and send those aimed at my preference in additin to the photography related ads. Not sure as I have never researched what ad material is posted to a site like this. I get Galaxy phone banners ( yes I was in the market ) and Fiverr ( again in some of my searches )
I might use another IP and see what happens.



Oct 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


jefferies1 wrote:
My banned ads appear to follow what my Google search has been for. I assume they track my IP address and send those aimed at my preference in additin to the photography related ads. Not sure as I have never researched what ad material is posted to a site like this. I get Galaxy phone banners ( yes I was in the market ) and Fiverr ( again in some of my searches )
I might use another IP and see what happens.


I understand.....which is why this banner surprised me....as it does not fit my search patterns.

I suspect it had something to do with my previous poll and posted topic here on FM about NSFW postings on FM where I used the words "nude" and "sexy" and "glamour" etc. . ....oops...I did it again..now I will probably see that same banner again.



Oct 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM
ultimaterowdy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


nude sexy glamour


Oct 25, 2012 at 05:15 AM
Ernie Aubert
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


ultimaterowdy wrote:
nude sexy glamour





Oct 25, 2012 at 07:47 AM
Gerry Kerr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


You guys realise those ads are targeted ads
.
.
.

Just what have you been searching for on google :-)
.
.
.
.
.
Actually, I think they are geo targeted as I see a lot of ads for Irish companies that would just not make sense outside of Ireland.



Gerry






Oct 25, 2012 at 02:44 PM
forreal
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Gerry Kerr wrote:
You guys realise those ads are targeted ads
.
.
.

Just what have you been searching for on google :-)
.
.
.
.
.
Actually, I think they are geo targeted as I see a lot of ads for Irish companies that would just not make sense outside of Ireland.

.

Gerry



Yeah, Steady Hand claims he has not been looking at questionable material on the net, but this little story tells otherwise. It's actually really funny, yet sad all at the same time. Lets go look at questionable material then complain about the ads on Fred's site (which, ummm, clears throat), is what causes those ads in the first place



Oct 25, 2012 at 03:01 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


forreal wrote:
Yeah, Steady Hand claims he has not been looking at questionable material on the net, but this little story tells otherwise. It's actually really funny, yet sad all at the same time. Lets go look at questionable material then complain about the ads on Fred's site (which, ummm, clears throat), is what causes those ads in the first place



And I see this is your first post (as a new member of this forum...or perhaps just a new name on this forum).


___________________

I can see I left myself open to some snickering here.

And that I don't mind when it is in good humor (and not mean spirited).

To your point?

I would have assumed that too, if I were not the one writing this.

But this ad (or this type) does NOT fit my search history, tastes, interests, or desires or previous surfing.

In fact, that is precisely why I posted this topic in the first place, because it (the ad) does NOT fit my taste....but DOES seem to fit the People Forum interests.

Just like when I visit this site....and see MANY banner ads for software that smooths skin (e.g. Portraiture software) and other stuff I don't use, and never have used, and have no interest in using. I don't search for that stuff either...but I assume that many people on this forum DO search for that, and hence the ads show up where even I can see them on the forum.

Another example is the ads for "Bambi Contrell teaches..." or something like that. I have no interest in that, I don't "search" for Bambi, and I have never been to her workshops and never bought anything from her or her promoters.

And another recent banner ad was for engagement rings. Believe me, that is not something I am searching google for and not in my interest at this time or even recent past.

So, some of the statements you made were simply WRONG.

I assume those ads appear here on the FM People Forum because there are other users/visitors to this forum who DO use those things.



Oct 25, 2012 at 05:08 PM
 



Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


ultimaterowdy wrote:
nude sexy glamour




I love good humor in a forum.



Oct 25, 2012 at 05:53 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Gerry Kerr wrote:
You guys realise those ads are targeted ads
.
.
.

Just what have you been searching for on google :-)
.
.
.
.
.
Actually, I think they are geo targeted as I see a lot of ads for Irish companies that would just not make sense outside of Ireland.

Gerry



Hi Gerry.



I know what you mean.

See my reply above (more details)..





Oct 25, 2012 at 06:01 PM
Velu01
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #13 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Might explain this viagra banner showing UP lately ...

Velu



Oct 25, 2012 at 06:46 PM
Gerry Kerr
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Hi Steady

I'm glad you took it in the vein it was meant

I had not meant to attract an attack

regards

Gerry



Oct 25, 2012 at 07:14 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Velu01 wrote:
Might explain this viagra banner showing UP lately ...

Velu




More good humor.



Oct 25, 2012 at 08:05 PM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Gerry Kerr wrote:
Hi Steady

I'm glad you took it in the vein it was meant

I had not meant to attract an attack

regards

Gerry


Yep....good humor (light hearted and not making fun of a single/real person) is something I think adds some fun to a forum.

I did take your comment the right way Gerry.



Oct 25, 2012 at 08:06 PM
elader
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


See, now I thought all those penis extender emails sent to me were random.... but I live right near DC, so, geotagged, there are a lot of little pricks in DC......


Oct 25, 2012 at 08:28 PM
forreal
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


I don't mean anything bad, nor do I mean to be humorous. I've been lurking for quite a while and have noticed some people complain about odd things. In this case, I suppose we can take your word for it, but you have to admit, it seems kind of odd when many of us know how these ads work.


Oct 26, 2012 at 02:05 AM
Steady Hand
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #19 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


forreal wrote:
I don't mean anything bad, nor do I mean to be humorous. I've been lurking for quite a while and have noticed some people complain about odd things. In this case, I suppose we can take your word for it, but you have to admit, it seems kind of odd when many of us know how these ads work.


You are a lurker.

It is good to see a lurker post.

But, as you are new here, I have a few friendly suggestions for you or anyone else on a forum like this:

In general, I suggest you post a photo or comments on photos.

If you join in a topic discussion (like this one), post comments that are not specific to a person (aimed at or targeting a person or criticizing any person) and what you assume they are thinking or doing. Especially if you have never met them and do not know them. Comment on the photos or the topic and do not "make it personal."

Otherwise a forum tends to get hostile and more populated by lurkers and/or trolls.
_______________

Back on TOPIC...the HUMOR of Banner Ads I saw on FM recently....

It may seem odd to you that I posted the topic (and it was intended for humor...as I even put a Laughing Emoticon thingy in my title when first posted).

I posted because it seemed humorous to me.

And, again, I see banner ads on FM People Forum for ALL KINDS OF STUFF I never search for or never look up or never Google or never have any interest in seeing.

So you may think you know what I search for (and in that you are obviously wrong), based on a banner ad shown on FM, but I can assure you and others, the ads I am seeing on FM are associated with the GENERAL content of this site/forum and more obviously with the GENERAL reader of this forum. They do not fit my interests or searches. But I can see HUMOR in them.

I posted several examples earlier. There are many more ads posted on FM that I barely notice, because they also have no connection to me....except that I am a photographer...or use cameras....and hence I visit this forum.

_______________

But, to keep the humor going...and to show you what I mean by humor.

In the same vein of good humor I originally saw (and what prompted me to post this topic)....

I asked "What's Next?"

Ads for Cat Litter and Invisible Fence (because there are so many pet photos on FM)

Ads for Senior Assisted Living (as there are so many "senior" postings on FM People Forum)

Ads for Depends (seniors again)

Ads for Tanning Beds (because of the number of "bikini" postings)

Ads for Cosmetic Surgery (because of the many posts about eliminating skin wrinkles and bags under eyes)

Ads for Anti-Acne-Creams (because of the posts asking about how to smooth skin and eliminate acne in photos).

Ads for Alternative Energy Sources...or Ads for Alternative Music or Bands (because of many posts on FM about "alternative equipment")
___________________

See my point? That is intended to be humorous.





Oct 26, 2012 at 04:22 PM
forreal
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #20 · Sexy Banner Ad Shows up on FM (HUMOR Post) :D


Wow, I didn't mean to hit a bone like that Mr. SH. Obviously this seriously bothers you for you to make suggestions on how I should post. You don't think your reply is going a bit overboard? Here's a suggestion for you Mr. SH, don't suggest to others how they should post and don't blame Fred Miranda for the ads that come up on your screen. I kind of wondered why people had issues with you, I've always considered you to be harmless and a pretty OK guy. But now that I'm on the receiving end of your attack, I'm beginning to understand. Please forgive me if I've insulted you in any way, I only mean to make an observation.

Keeping it real,

ForReal.



Oct 27, 2012 at 02:46 AM
1
       2       end




FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password