Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

Martini293

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

Hello,
what is the maximum sd (sdhc) and cf card size for Canon 1D mark II N What is the max size of sd and cf that you used
Thank you for all the answers.
Marty

Oct 23, 2012 at 06:39 PM
Lance Lee
• • •
p.1 #2 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

Well, I have a 1D2. I don't know theoretical max sizes, but I have 8 gig CF and 16 gig SD.

Oct 23, 2012 at 07:01 PM
vince_ross

p.1 #3 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

I think as long as it has the latest firmware (I think it's 1.1.2), you can throw pretty much anything (card size wise) at it without a problem. I've used 32GB cards, both SD and CF in both of mine. I don't have any bigger cards (I really don't have a need for 64GB or bigger at the moment).

Oct 23, 2012 at 07:01 PM
Martini293

p.1 #4 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

Thank you both, I was interested in SDHC Sandisk 32Gb card I found it for a good price and was wondering if it will work...

Oct 23, 2012 at 07:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

vince_ross

p.1 #5 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

Martini293 wrote:
Thank you both, I was interested in SDHC Sandisk 32Gb card I found it for a good price and was wondering if it will work...

I have used Sandisk and Transcend in mine without a problem. I'd say your good to go.

Oct 23, 2012 at 08:14 PM
Caleb Williams
• • • •
p.1 #6 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

To echo Vince here, I've used the 32 gig Sandisk with no problems, though I've never had more than 12-20 gigs on it at one time.

Oct 23, 2012 at 08:17 PM
OntheRez
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

As a former 1DIIn user (loved that camera!), I echo Vince's information. As long a you have the latest (actually last update) firmware - I seem to remember it as 1.1.2 also, but check to verify - you can use most any size card. Of course you won't get any advantage from things like SDXC or UDMA 7 as the camera doesn't support those protocols (though they can be of value if you use a reader to download images to your computer). In other words you can use slower, cheaper cards.

The 1DIIn's thruput is relatively slow by "modern" standards (6mbs?) so you don't need to buy "fast" cards as the camera can't make use of them. I think the "15ms" cards are faster than the camera. I never put anything larger than a 16GB card in mine. That's a lot of 8Mb pix.

As for brand - that will start a "religious war" around here I used to pay the premium for Sandisk, but long ago moved to Transcend without ever having any problems, and believe me shooting sports with a 1DIV on a newspaper deadline, the cards receive max stress.

Enjoy your 1DIIn - one of Canon's all time masterpieces.

Robert

Oct 26, 2012 at 02:45 PM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.1 #8 · 1D mark IIN sd and CF max card size

OntheRez wrote:
As a former 1DIIn user (loved that camera!), I echo Vince's information. As long a you have the latest (actually last update) firmware - I seem to remember it as 1.1.2 also, but check to verify - you can use most any size card. Of course you won't get any advantage from things like SDXC or UDMA 7 as the camera doesn't support those protocols (though they can be of value if you use a reader to download images to your computer). In other words you can use slower, cheaper cards.

The 1DIIn's thruput is relatively slow by "modern" standards (6mbs?)
...Show more

He can't use SDXC cards in that camera.

Oct 27, 2012 at 07:09 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password