Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · LR Preset: Optimize for Zenfolio?

Dennis M 1064
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · LR Preset: Optimize for Zenfolio?

Not having used a Photo hosting site for photos I care about before, I have a couple questions.

I have decided to use Zenfolio as my site to host my slowly developing portfolio, with the idea that I will be involved in e-commerce as well. Just not right now, as I have not proofed my photos with any print companies nor have I fully familiarized myself with the various products and pricing.

So, I want my images to look as good on my monitor when I view them in Zenfolio, as they do on my desktop after Post. Possible? I know when I post photos here on FM, or even drop them into an email (not even having sent them yet) they look altered. Sharpening changes, increase of vignetting, color shifts or loss of HSL.

Is it necessary or possible to create a preset in LR4 for exporting to my Zenfolio account and have my images optimized for that site? Do I have to upload, download, change, upload, re-download, change more and guess at what needs to be done?

If I work on a copy of the image in sRGB, then wouldn't/shouldn't the image load and display in Zenfolio the way I sent it out? If I am normally working in Adobe ProPhoto color space, do I need to convert a copy of the file, and then adjust it to my satisfaction before sending? Would one expect noticeable change in the image after the conversion?

Am I making too much of this?

Thanks folks.

Oct 22, 2012 at 07:17 PM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.1 #2 · LR Preset: Optimize for Zenfolio?

Ha HA! Kuso!!! Badda Bing!

I found a Zenfolio Plug in. Downloaded it, made a little donation. I'll give that a try. Could be exactly what i was looking for. Or not.

Oct 22, 2012 at 07:52 PM
James_N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · LR Preset: Optimize for Zenfolio?

You might want to read this: http://help.zenfolio.com/customer/portal/articles/408310-photo-guidelines

Presumably you download Jeffrey Friedl's Export to Zenfolio plug-in but it doesn't automatically optimize you files for Zenfolio you have to do some initial configuration. You can work in ProPhoto color space but you must convert to sRGB when exporting for web display.

Oct 22, 2012 at 08:04 PM
Dennis M 1064
• •
p.1 #4 · LR Preset: Optimize for Zenfolio?

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/zenfolio

Yup, it was Jeffrey's plug-in. Worked like a charm. I made a donation to his cause, and setting it up was simple enough that even I could handle it.

I don't know how much credit goes to the plug-in, or to Zenfolio, but when I go to my website from my Mac, or even my iPhone, the photos are, as I sent them out. When I drop one into an email, even without sending it yet, it has changed. Significantly. There is a little bit of a change, mostly a sharpening issue, when I put it here on FM. But, the Zen, looks pretty good to me. Pretty pleased. I have a ton to learn about customizing the website, but for now, it is a start.

DManskePhotography.com or the little thinghy at the bottom of this post. Feel free to take a look. Oh, and I managed to set up my first Domain Name. It has been a busy week!

Cheers, Dennis

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password